Adolf Ulrich (born July 18, 1860 in Hanover ; † December 23, 1889 there ) was a German historian and the first full-time archivist in Hanover.
Adolf was the son of a businessman and brother of Oskar Ulrich . After attending Lyceum II in Hanover, Adolf Ulrich studied history and philology at the University of Göttingen and received his doctorate on May 22, 1882 with a thesis on the Roman King Wilhelm of Holland .
After completing his studies, Adolf Ulrich conducted research on the history of the city of Hanover , including the time of the Reformation, and published his results in the journal of the Historical Association for Lower Saxony and in the daily press .
In 1884 Ulrich moved to Cologne and worked there as a volunteer in the Cologne City Archives until 1885 .
Eventually Adolf Ulrich moved back to his hometown and on February 1, 1888 initially only worked as an unskilled worker in the Hanover City Archives , but a year later on May 1, 1889, he became a permanent employee . His task was to transfer the holdings of both the archive and the Hanover City Library to the newly built Kestner Museum .
After his unexpected death at the age of only 29, Otto Juergens (1862–1929) became archive manager on February 7, 1890.
- History of the Roman King Wilhelm of Holland 1247–1256 , Hanover: Culemann 1882.
- Christianus Wierstraet : Histori des beleegs van Nuis , ed. by Constantin Nörrenberg and Adolf Ulrich, in: The Chronicles of the Westphalian and Lower Rhine Cities, Edited at the instigation of his Majesty the King of Bavaria. by Karl Lamprecht, Joseph Hansen, Johannes Franck, Constantin Nörrenberg, Adolf Ulrich, Franz Jostes and Theodor Ilgen , Leipzig: S. Hirzel 1887 (= The Chronicles of the German Cities from the 14th to the 16th Century , Vol. 20) p. 479-638.
- Acts on the Neuss War 1472–1475 . Cologne: Boisserée 1889 (Annals of the Historical Association for the Lower Rhine 49).
- Catalog of the library of the historical association for Lower Saxony. Edited by Adolf Ulrich on behalf of the association's committee . 2 booklets. Hanover: Jänecke 1890.
- Pictures from Hanover's past . Hannover-Linden: Manz 1891.
- Wolfgang Leesch : The German archivists 1500–1945. Volume 2: Biographical Lexicon. Saur, Munich a. a. 1992, ISBN 3-598-10605-X .
- Klaus Mlynek : ULRICH, (1) Adolf. In: Dirk Böttcher , Klaus Mlynek, Waldemar R. Röhrbein, Hugo Thielen: Hannoversches Biographisches Lexikon . From the beginning to the present. Schlütersche, Hannover 2002, ISBN 3-87706-706-9 , p. 366 ( limited preview in the Google book search).
- Peter Ulrich: The brothers Adolf and Oskar Ulrich - two Hanoverian city history researchers and their family environment. In: Hannoversche Geschichtsblätter , New Series 57/58 (2003), pp. 219–241
- ↑ a b c d e Klaus Mlynek: Ulrich, (1) Adolf (see literature)
- ^ Karljosef Kreter: Four stations from 100 years - Hannoversche Geschichtsblätter. 1998, archived from the original on December 23, 2007 ; accessed on March 22, 2014 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ulrich, Adolf Friedrich Wilhelm|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and archive manager|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 18, 1860|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hanover|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 23, 1889|
|Place of death||Hanover|