In 1975 he opened his first drugstore in Kirchheim unter Teck . Two years later there were more than 100 branches. In 2008 there were more than 15,000 branches of the Schlecker drugstore chain with around 50,000 employees and an annual turnover of 7 billion euros. Anton Schlecker was a member of Lidl's supervisory board . On 28 February 2006 he had to be mandated to resign because the Lidl range extended to drugstore products and Schlecker became a competitor. Anton Schlecker was one of the largest investors in Lidl's expansion. He subscribed to participation certificates worth over 75 million euros.
On January 23, 2012 Anton Schlecker filed an application to open insolvency proceedings over the drugstore chain and the entire property. With a resolution dated March 28, 2012, the insolvency proceedings were opened. In the course of this, the insolvency administrator Arndt Geiwitz sold the foreign subsidiaries to other companies, the German Schlecker branches were gradually closed until the end of June 2012, the XL branches followed a short time later. The Vitalsana mail order pharmacy was taken over as part of a management buyout .
After the bankruptcy in January 2012, Schlecker's daughter Meike stated that his and the family's assets had been consumed and no significant assets were left. According to Manager Magazin , the family still had around 70,000 euros a month (from the assets of the children and the wife).
In 1998, the condemned Stuttgart District Court , the couple Schlecker by punishment to imprisonment of ten months on probation and fined in the amount of one million euros because they fake a tariff payment Schlecker-workers. In fact, the wages were lower, which the court judged to be a fraud .
On July 18, 2012, the Stuttgart public prosecutor announced that an investigation had been initiated against Schlecker and 13 other suspects on suspicion of breach of trust , delay in bankruptcy and bankruptcy . By August 12, the search warrant came into the hands of the news magazine Der Spiegel . As a registered businessman, Anton Schlecker could not be prosecuted for delaying bankruptcy.
On April 13, 2016, the Stuttgart public prosecutor brought charges against Schlecker again for deliberate bankruptcy in 36 cases. His wife Christa and the two children Meike and Lars had to answer for aiding and abetting. The children were also accused of bankruptcy and infidelity. Before the announcement of the bankruptcy in 2012, the entrepreneurs are said to have put aside millions. The criminal process before the Stuttgart Regional Court began on March 6, 2017. In addition to the four family members, two employees of the auditing company Ernst & Young were also accused . According to the public prosecutor's office, Anton Schlecker is said to have known of the impending insolvency and nevertheless in 36 cases stashed assets in the millions, thereby removing them from the creditors' access. 13 cases are even particularly severe cases of bankruptcy because Schlecker acted out of profit-seeking.
On December 12, 2017, civil proceedings against Anton Schlecker's wife and children began at the Linz Regional Court .
Anton Schlecker has been married to Christa Schlecker since 1971 and they have two children: Lars Schlecker (* 1971) and Meike Schlecker (* 1973). The family lives in Ehingen. Both Schleckers wife and the children were in the group management operates the business.
Abduction of the Schlecker children
On December 23, 1987, Lars and Meike Schlecker were kidnapped. On the following day Anton Schlecker paid a ransom of 9.6 million DM to the kidnappers. The children had already freed themselves when the money was handed over. The perpetrators were caught in 1998 and sentenced to seven and a half years imprisonment for these and seven other offenses each of thirteen and a half years, and another man involved in some of the crimes.
- SCHLECKER drugstore - market leader in Europe ( Memento of July 12, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- Last contest. In: Manager Magazin . January 25, 2008, p. 30.
- NEW RIVALS: Schlecker leaves Lidl's supervisory board , manager-magazin.de , December 20, 2005.
- sueddeutsche.de: For a handful of million euros , March 10, 2004.
- AG Ulm business number: 1 IN 24/12
- XLfood markets will be closed soon.
- The 500 richest Germans. In: Manager Magazin -Special Issue, October 2011, p. 44.
- Tagesschau: Schlecker. ( Memento from February 2, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Manager magazine: Schlecker.
- Christian Keun, Karsten Langer: Schlecker family: Knüppeln, skimp, control . In: Manager Magazin . December 4, 2003 ( manager-magazin.de ).
- Schlecker insolvency: proceedings initiated against Anton Schlecker , accessed on July 18, 2012.
- Christa Schlecker is said to have received a monthly salary of 60,000 euros
- Der Tagesspiegel : Debt and Atonement at Schlecker , July 19, 2012, accessed on August 14, 2012
- FAZ: Public prosecutor's office brings charges against Schlecker
- Spiegel Online, April 13, 2016: Indictment against Anton Schlecker: How the drugstore king moved assets
- Christoph Rottwilm: The Schlecker process - everything you need to know. Manager-Magazin, March 3, 2017, accessed March 5, 2017.
- Anne Guhlich : The drugstore king in court. Stuttgarter Nachrichten, March 5, 2017.
- tagesschau.de: Trial against Schlecker: From drugstore king to accused
- Because of bankruptcy suspended sentence for Anton Schlecker - prison for his children . In: Berliner Zeitung , November 27, 2017.
- Criminal proceedings end, civil proceedings worth millions begin wiwo.de, accessed on November 28, 2017
- The Schlecker family in the dock: Christa Schlecker . In: Südkurier , March 13, 2017, accessed on November 27, 2017.
- Fabian Gartmann , Sönke Iwersen : The megalomaniac king of Ehingen: The woman at his side . In: Handelsblatt , June 2, 2012, accessed on November 27, 2017.
- Ehinger stories . In: Manager Magazin , Issue 2/2008, January 25, 2008, p. 39. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Roland May : The Schlecker kidnappers. In: Helfried Spitra (ed.): The great criminal cases. Volume 2: The St. Pauli Killer, the Escape King and nine other famous crimes (= Piper 4477). Piper, Munich et al. 2005, ISBN 3-492-24477-7 , pp. 164-179, here p. 164.
- Long prison terms in the Schlecker trial . In: Die Welt , March 23, 1999. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- APOTHEKE ADHOC: Sky du Mont plays Anton Schlecker.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German entrepreneur, founder of the Schlecker drugstore|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 28, 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ehingen (Danube)|