Ari Gold (musician)
Ari Gold was born in 1974 in the Bronx , New York , where he grew up in an Orthodox Jewish family. His career as a singer began as a child. He sang to his younger brother's bar mitzvah and was discovered by a talent agency. Well over 400 jingles for children's programs followed. He also lent his voice to children's characters in various musicals. An example of his talent was his appearance on the television program The Joe Franklin Show , where the seven-year-old sang the song Yankee Doodle Dandy . In 1984, he was loud since its official website on the album Swept Away by Diana Rossto be heard, probably in the children's choir of the song We Are the Children of The World .
Gold attended Ramaz High School in New York, a school for Jewish children, and after graduating from high school began studying at Yale University , which he completed at New York University . After that, he first went to a number of clubs in New York. His first album Ari Gold was released in 2000. A tour took him to around 50 cities in the USA and Canada , and he also performed in France , Italy , Switzerland , Belgium and the Czech Republic . More CDs and albums followed. He also called himself "Sir" Ari Gold to differentiate himself from the series character of the same name from the television series Entourage .
His greatest success was in 2001 with the song I'm All About You , released together with DJ Luck & MC Neat , which made it into the top 20 of the British pop charts. Gold was named here as a featuring and was also involved in the songwriting. A year later, the New York house duo Automagic had a top 10 success in the US dance charts with the title I'll Be Here, written by Gold among others . Gold also sang in a duet with Sarah Dash , a former member of the band Labelle .
The song Human was a cover song for The Human League , the video of which was based on James Bidgood's Pink Narcissus and in which Gold was seen as Pan similar to Bobby Kendall . Gold lived in New York's Lower East Side. As an activist , he campaigned for human rights, against the spread of AIDS and for the homeless. The openly gay musician gave lectures in liberal Jewish institutions in the United States that dealt with the question of Orthodox Judaism and homosexuality, especially among young men. In 2005, Bruno Gmünder Verlag published an illustrated book with model photos of Ari Gold with the title Ari Gold. Photographs and Illustrations . He campaigned for the legacy of Jewish songs and contributed to a CD with Jewish children's songs. The singer also became the main character in a play that explores his career: Ari Gold - Untitled: The Making of a Gay Popstar .
Gold, who was also known by the stage names Goldnation and NGOR , died in February 2021 at the age of 47 from complications from cancer that was initially believed to have survived in 2019. Gold was older than he stated: he was born in 1974, not 1977. RuPaul , who had been a close friend of the singer since 2002 , also commented on his death .
- 2000: Ari Gold (Gold 18)
- 2004: Space Under Sun (Gold 18)
- 2007: Transport Systems (Centaur Records)
- 2011: Between The Spirit & The Flesh '(Gold 18)
- 2013: Play My F ** Kn Remix: A Remixed Retrospective (Gold 18, Centaur Records)
- 2002: Outmusic Award for Ari Gold
- 2007: USA Songwriting Competition Award for Where the Music Takes You
- 2008: Independent Music Award for Love Wasn't Built in a Day
- Laverne Cox, Contributor Actress, producer, Transgender Advocate: Singer Sir Ari Gold Talks About His Childhood and Being a Sex Symbol, And He Goes 3D for His Latest Video. July 1, 2013, accessed February 15, 2021 .
- Chartsurfer.de: I'm All About You by DJ Luck And MC Neat feat. Ari gold. Retrieved February 15, 2021 .
- DJ Luck & Mc Neat Feat. Ari Gold - I'm All About You. Retrieved February 15, 2021 .
- Ari Gold ••• Top Songs as Writer ••• Music VF, US & UK hits charts. Retrieved February 16, 2021 .
Mikelle Street: Trailblazing Queer Artist, Ari Gold, Dies at Age 47. In: out.com . February 14, 2021, accessed February 15, 2021 . .
Ari Gold is dead: cancer drama! Dancer and musician dies at the age of only 47. In: News.de . February 15, 2021, accessed February 15, 2021 .
- Ari Gold is dead - The openly gay singer from New York City died of complications from blood cancer. , queer.de, February 15, 2021, accessed on February 16, 2021.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Gold, Sir Ari|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American pop and R&B singer, songwriter, and LGBT activist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 11, 1974|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||New York City|
|DATE OF DEATH||before February 14, 2021|