August von Miaskowski
Miaskowski was a son of Carl von Miaskowski and his wife Auguste von Seeberg. After graduating from school, he began to study law and political science at the universities of Dorpat , Heidelberg and Berlin . He then got a job in the civil service and became a department head in the Baltic civil administration in Riga .
Later Miaskowski was accredited as a lawyer at the court in Riga and worked as a lecturer at the local polytechnic . On October 2, 1866, he married Pauline von Staden in the parish of Paulsen (now Latvia ).
After the war he was able to in 1871 at the University of Jena habilitation . In 1874 he accepted a position at the University of Basel and in 1875 moved to Hohenheim for two years . In 1881 he accepted a call to Breslau and between 1889 and 1891 he taught in Vienna . Immediately afterwards he worked at the University of Leipzig until 1898 . He then retired into private life and died eleven weeks before his 62nd birthday on November 22, 1899 in Leipzig.
In 1882 Miaskowski was elected to the Prussian State Economics College and from 1885 he was a member of the German Agriculture Council . He held both offices until the end of his life. In December 1892 he was elected a full member of the Royal Saxon Society of Sciences .
- Inheritance law and land ownership in the German Reich . Leipzig 1882–84 (2 vols.).
- The bondage of the property and the family entailment . Jena 1873.
- The current situation of German agriculture . Berlin 1888.
- Isaac Iselin . Basel 1875.
- The Swiss commons in their historical development . Leipzig 1879.
- The constitution of agriculture, alpine and forestry in German-speaking Switzerland . Leipzig 1878.
- Real estate indebtedness . Reval 1882.
- Rita Aldenhoff: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 17, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1994, ISBN 3-428-00198-2 , p. 415 f. ( ). In:
- Karl books: Miaskowski, August von . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 52, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1906, pp. 372-374.
- Album academicum of the Imperial University of Dorpat , Dorpat 1889, page 487
- Members of the SAW: August von Miaskowski. Saxon Academy of Sciences, accessed on November 16, 2016 .
- Literature by and about August von Miaskowski in the catalog of the German National Library
- Overview of August von Miaskowski's courses at the University of Leipzig (winter semester 1891 to winter semester 1897)
- August von Miaskowski in the professorial catalog of the University of Leipzig
- Baltic Historical Commission (ed.): Entry on Miaskowsky, August von. In: BBLD - Baltic Biographical Lexicon digital
|SURNAME||Miaskowski, August von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 7, 1838|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Pernau , Livonia|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 22, 1899|
|Place of death||Leipzig|