|Canton :||Ticino (TI)|
|Main town :||Riviera|
|FSO number :||2107|
|Area :||145.60 km²|
|Height range :||244–2954 m above sea level M.|
|Residents:||10,335 (December 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||71 inhabitants per km²|
The district of Riviera (ital. Distretto di Riviera, former Landvogtei Reffier ) is a district of the Swiss canton of Ticino . The main town is Biasca . The district consists of a single circle (circolo) .
|coat of arms||Name of the parish||Population
(December 31, 2018)
Changes in the inventory since approx. 1803
- The municipalities Pontirone and Loderio were with the community Biasca together
- The municipality of Prosito was merged with Lodrino .
- The municipalities of Cresciano , Iragna , Lodrino and Osogna were merged with the new municipality of Riviera in 2017 . The municipality of Claro TI merged with Bellinzona across the district border .
- Giuseppe Chiesi: Riviera (Vogtei, district). In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland . 5th April 2017 .
- Paolo Ostinelli: Ambrosian valleys. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland . 5th April 2017 .
- Permanent and non-permanent resident population by year, canton, district, municipality, population type and gender (permanent resident population). In: bfs. admin.ch . Federal Statistical Office (FSO), August 31, 2019, accessed on December 22, 2019 .
- Federal Statistical Office Generalized Limits 2020.