|Canton :||Ticino (TI)|
|Main town :||Lugano|
|FSO number :||2105|
|Area :||307.94 km²|
|Height range :||232–2227 m above sea level M.|
|Residents:||151,592 (December 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||492 inhabitants per km²|
The district is divided into the twelve circles (circoli)
which are divided into a total of 52 municipalities.
|coat of arms||Name of the parish||Population
(December 31, 2018)
|Lugano||63,185||75.85||833||Lugano east , north , west|
In Capriasca, the areas of the former municipalities are not taken into account.
- Municipality of Capriasca / Lugano (FSO No. 5394; until December 31, 2003: 5238)
Changes in the inventory from 1803
- With the constitution of 1814, the Riva San Vitale district was reallocated from the Lugano district to the Mendrisio district.
- With the constitution of 1814, Sala County was renamed Tesserete County. Tesserete became the new capital. By decree of June 6, 2000, the former Tesserete County was renamed Capriasca County.
- By decree of November 8, 2004, the Pregassona district was abolished. The reason is the complete incorporation of the district into the city of Lugano with its incorporation in 2003.
- By decree of 27 June 2012 was county Carona in county Paradiso renamed (reason: Incorporation of Carona in the city of Lugano).
- With a change in the law of June 17, 2013, the new district of Lugano North was established on August 13, 2013 . The district consists of the area of the Sonvico district, which was repealed on August 24, 2012, plus the area of Davesco-Soragno.
- 1804: the former municipality of Rovello was divided into the municipalities of Savosa , Massagno and Lugano .
- 1820: Carabietta (until 1953: Carabbietta ) became an independent municipality.
- 1825: Grancia became an independent municipality.
- With a decree of June 12, 1860, Caslano became the capital of the Magliasina.
- With a decree of May 9, 1878, Cimadera became an independent municipality.
- By decree of June 24, 1924, the former municipality of Biogno was divided between the municipalities of Bioggio and Breganzona .
- By decree of July 12, 1929, the municipality of Calprino was renamed Paradiso .
- By decree of December 20, 1945, Paradiso became the capital of the Carona district.
- By decree of October 15, 1956, the former municipalities of Colla , Insone , Scareglia , Signôra and Piandera were merged to form the municipality of Valcolla .
- By decree of December 14, 1971, the former municipalities of Brè-Aldesago (until 1953: Brè ) and Castagnola were incorporated into the city of Lugano .
- By decree of November 26, 1974, the former municipalities of Croglio-Castelrotto and Biogno-Beride were merged to form the municipality of Croglio .
- By decree of November 26, 1974, the municipalities of Tesserete and Campestro were merged to form the new municipality of Tesserete .
- By decree of June 6, 2000, Tesserete , Cagiallo , Sala Capriasca , Lopagno , Roveredo Capriasca and Vaglio were merged to form the municipality of Capriasca .
- By decree of October 8, 2003, Breganzona , Cureggia , Davesco-Soragno , Gandria , Pambio-Noranco , Pazzallo , Pregassona and Viganello were incorporated into the city of Lugano .
- By decree of November 3, 2003, Agra , Gentilino and Montagnola were merged to form the municipality of Collina d'Oro .
- By decree of November 3, 2003, Bioggio , Bosco Luganese and Cimo were merged to form the municipality of Bioggio.
- By decree of November 30, 2004, the municipalities of Arosio , Breno , Fescoggia , Mugena and Vezio were merged to form Alto Malcantone on March 13, 2005 .
- By decree of December 3, 2007, the municipalities of Bioggio and Iseo were merged to form the municipality of Bioggio on April 20, 2008 .
- By decree of December 4, 2007, Bidogno , Corticiasca and Lugaggia were merged to form the municipality of Capriasca on April 20, 2008 .
- By decree of December 20, 2007, Barbengo and Carabbia (formerly Carona district) and Villa Luganese (formerly Sonvico district) were merged with the city of Lugano on April 20, 2008 .
- By decree of December 2, 2008, the municipalities of Bironico , Camignolo , Medeglia , Rivera and Sigirino were merged to form the new municipality of Monteceneri on November 21, 2010 .
- By decree of November 8, 2011, the municipalities of Collina d'Oro and Carabietta (Carona district) merged to form the municipality of Collina d'Oro on April 1st, 2012 .
- As of April 14, 2013, Bogno , Cadro , Carona , Certara , Cimadera , Sonvico and Valcolla were incorporated into the city of Lugano . With the exception of Carona, these areas together with Davesco-Soragno and Villa Luganese form the new district of Lugano North.
Graphical representation of the changes in the community since 2000
- Permanent and non-permanent resident population by year, canton, district, municipality, population type and gender (permanent resident population). In: bfs. admin.ch . Federal Statistical Office (FSO), August 31, 2019, accessed on December 22, 2019 .
- Legge concernente le Circoscrizioni dei Comuni, Circoli e Distretti. Collection of laws of the Canton of Ticino, accessed on June 5, 2011.
- Federal Statistical Office Generalized Limits 2020.