|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Mendig|
|Height :||400 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.58 km 2|
|Residents:||574 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||222 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56745|
|Area code :||02655|
|License plate :||MYK, MY|
|Community key :||07 1 37 106|
|Association administration address:||Marktplatz 3
|Local Mayor :||Rudolf Wingender|
|Location of the local community of Volkesfeld in the Mayen-Koblenz district|
The place is in the west of the Verbandsgemeinde Mendig in the Nettetal and at the foot of the Riethel. Volkesfeld is the smallest of the five local parishes in the Verbandsgemeinde.
Mentioned for the first time in 1217, Volkesfeld was ecclesiastically dependent on Obermendig. The Lady Chapel was built in 1818.
The Volkesfeld Sauerbrunnen is a state-recognized healing spring .
The building of the elementary school, which was closed in 1974, was converted into a village community center (inaugurated in 1989).
Rudolf Wingender became the mayor of Volkesfeld in 2004. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office for another five years with a share of the vote of 76.45%. Wingender's predecessor was Egon Schüller, who held the office for 20 years.
In Volkesfeld there are some listed cultural monuments:
- the catholic chapel "At the Birth of Mary", a classical hall building made of tuff stone, 1841; 18th century grave crosses in the cemetery and in the churchyard wall
- the village fountain from 1863 (Nettestrasse)
- a wayside cross from 1757 (Oberdorfstrasse); east of Volkesfeld there is another wayside cross from 1699
- a milestone from the second half of the 19th century (on the road to Rieden)
- See also list of cultural monuments in Volkesfeld
- Georg Müller (1951–2015), Roman Catholic Bishop and Prelate of Trondheim (Norway)
- Official website of the local community of Volkesfeld
- Literature on Volkesfeld in the Rhineland-Palatinate Landesbibliographie
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate
- Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer for Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Mendig, Verbandsgemeinde, fifth row of results. Retrieved February 5, 2020 .
- up to date: Volkesfeld municipal council honored former long-term members. January 5, 2015, accessed February 5, 2020 .
- Informational directory of cultural monuments, Mayen-Koblenz district, page 51 (PDF; 1.7 MB)