|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Vordereifel|
|Height :||400 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||9.17 km 2|
|Residents:||2732 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||298 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56729|
|Area code :||02651|
|License plate :||MYK, MY|
|Community key :||07 1 37 025|
|Association administration address:||Kelberger Strasse 26
|Local Mayor :||Werner Spitzley ( CDU )|
|Location of the local community Ettringen in the district of Mayen-Koblenz|
Ettringen is located on the eastern edge of the High Eifel around 3 km (as the crow flies ) northeast of Mayen . It lies between the mountains Hochsimmer ( ) in the west-northwest, Hochstein ( ) in the north and Ettringer Bellerberg (also: "Ettringer Bellberg"; ) in the south.
The Hochsimmerturm observation tower is located on Ettringen's local mountain, Hochsimmer , from which, when the weather permits , the Cologne Cathedral can also be seen. The Hochstein is known for the legendary Hochstein Cave . The Bellerberg is worth seeing because of its crater landscape.
- Archaeological finds point back to a settlement in the time of the Romans and Celts .
- Ettringen is mentioned for the first time in 1189, specifically in connection with a Heinrich von Ethrich (Ettringen), one of the bailiffs of the Brodenheim court (in a document from Archbishop Philip I of Heinsberg concerning a contract with Abbot Heinrich von St. Pantaleon in Cologne the governors of this court).
- In 1366 a pastor of Ettringen, namely Pastor Winand, is mentioned for the first time.
- In the Middle Ages Ettringen was one of 14 villages in Pellenz
- In the middle of the 19th century ore mining and the stone industry ( basalt lava and tuff ) developed.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
|2019||by majority vote||20 seats|
Werner Spitzley (CDU) became the local mayor of Ettringen in 2009. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in office for another five years with a share of the vote of 69.21%.
- the municipality of the same name Ettringen in the district of Unterallgäu
- Dornes in Burgundy ( France ), since 1966
- Basalt lava pit fields and tuff pits on the state road "L 82".
- The historic Lay , also Ettringer Lay , where one of the three lava flows of the Bellerberg volcano was deposited 200,000 years ago, has been included in the volcano park project of the Mayen-Koblenz district . You can see excavation pits (Lay) up to 30 m deep, basalt columns and old electric cranes (Lay cranes). The basalt walls are used by climbers (mountaineers); a section of the German Alpine Club looks after the site.
- Lookout tower Hochsimmerturm on the local mountain Hochsimmer
See also: List of cultural monuments in Ettringen
- Alfons Lauermann (1924–1991), politician and member of the state parliament of the CDU
Basalt wall in the Ettringer Lay
- Official website of the local community Ettringen
- Local community Ettringen on the website of the association community Vordereifel
- Literature about Ettringen in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer for Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Vordereifel, Verbandsgemeinde, eighth line of results. Retrieved February 12, 2020 .
- Elvira Bell: Proven team: Trio remains at Ettringen's top. Rhein-Zeitung, June 28, 2019, accessed on February 11, 2020 .