|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Maifeld|
|Height :||260 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.5 km 2|
|Residents:||1258 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||229 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56295|
|Area code :||02625|
|License plate :||MYK, MY|
|Community key :||07 1 37 065|
|Association administration address:||Marktplatz 4
|Local Mayor :||Stefan Dörr|
|Location of the local community Lonnig in the Mayen-Koblenz district|
Lonnig auf dem Maifeld is a municipality in the Mayen-Koblenz district in Rhineland-Palatinate . It belongs to the Maifeld Association , which has its administrative headquarters in the city of Polch .
The village is in the immediate vicinity of the A 48 , exit Ochtendung on the so-called Karmelenberg ridge . Neighboring towns are Kobern-Gondorf , Ochtendung and Rüber . Lonnig has its own elementary school and kindergarten.
The landmark of Lonnig is the tower of the Catholic parish church St. Jakobus the Elder in the Rhenish transition style from the 13th century. A regulated Augustinian canons' monastery was founded here from Springiersbach in 1128, but it was moved to Mayen (later St. Clemens ) in 1326 . Remains of the Romanesque collegiate church (tower and choir) were used in the new building built by Johann Claudius von Lassaulx in the 19th century.
The hermit and later abbot Liudolf influenced Norbert von Xanten .
The municipal council in Lonnig consists of 16 council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman. The 16 seats in the municipal council are divided between two groups of voters .
Stefan Dörr became the local mayor of Lonnig in 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected for five years with 51.97% of the vote. Dörr is the successor to Peter Müller, who did not run again.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Split by a curly blue tip, inside a silver church, in front in silver a green three-mountain, above a green scale, behind in silver a red cross."|
- Internet presence of the local community Lonnig
- History of the monastery in the Eiflia Sacra PDF (670 kB)
- Literature about Lonnig in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Maifeld, Verbandsgemeinde, eighth result line. Retrieved January 23, 2020 .