|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Maifeld|
|Height :||250 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||8.32 km 2|
|Residents:||320 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||38 inhabitants per km 2|
|Area code :||02605|
|License plate :||MYK, MY|
|Community key :||07 1 37 114|
|Association administration address:||Marktplatz 4
|Local Mayor :||Michael Kopp|
|Location of the local community Wierschem in the Mayen-Koblenz district|
Wierschem is two and a half kilometers southwest of the city of Münstermaifeld and three kilometers northwest of the Moselle . The village extends over a sloping terrain from east to west and includes altitudes between and . The Wierschemer Höhe rises to the east, and the Wierschemer Bach , which drains to the Elzbach , begins to the west . Geographically , the north of the municipality with the capital of the largely treeless be low Maifelder Terrace assign the southern section, however, the Elztal with the Counts Elzschen forest . There it reaches about its lowest point on the ground , its highest at east of the main town. Wierschem includes the residential areas Burg Eltz , Forsthaus Rotherhof, Neuhof and Sannenhof.
- Population development
The development of the population of Wierschem, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Michael Kopp became the local mayor of Wierschem in 2009. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in office for a further five years with a share of 92.49% of the votes.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Shield divided, above in red a growing golden lion, below in silver a red plow."|
Culture and sights
Eltz and Trutzeltz castles
The Catholic parish church of St. Apollonia is elevated above the village in the cemetery. In the choir (in the core late Romanesque?) There is a ribbed vault from the 14th century. Most of the furnishings from the Baroque period have been preserved (including the altarpiece with the Assumption of Mary). A bell from 1752 was cast by Anselm Franz Speck in Heidelberg. The late Gothic pulpit (beginning of the 16th century with the Eltz and Hagen coats of arms) comes from Münstermaifeld .
- The Middle Rhine Basin (= values of the German homeland . Volume 65). 1st edition. Böhlau, Cologne / Weimar / Vienna 2003, ISBN 978-3-412-10102-2 , pp. 268-269.
- Official website of the local community Wierschem
- Association municipality of Maifeld
- Literature about Wierschem in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 40 (PDF; 3 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Maifeld, Verbandsgemeinde, 18th line of results. Retrieved February 2, 2020 .
- Coat of arms of the local community Wierschem on the website of the Maifeld community