district of Lugano
|Residents||162 (December 31, 2015)|
|Population density||7 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation||Apr 14, 2013|
Bogno is located in the upper Val Colla , at the southern foot of the 2116 m high Gazzirola. The source streams of the Cassarate (river) unite here. The San Lucio Pass (1541 m above sea level) leads from here to the Italian municipality of San Bartolomeo Val Cavargna .
It was mentioned as Bonio as early as the 13th century . The church of San Rocco, which was expanded in 1591 and 1780, formed the religious center of the community, which was separated from the parish of Colla in 1811 .
Deforestation in the 19th century left the village in an awkward position, but reforestation in 1892-1900 removed the danger.
As a result of the alpine and pasture farming, a settlement was created, to which a road from Lugano has led since 1856 . Today there are second homes and holiday homes for those seeking relaxation from the Lugano agglomeration in the village.
- Parish Church of San Rocco (the current church dates from 1780)
- Painting Madonna col Bambino
- Painting Martirio di San Sebastiano
- Painting Santa Maria Maddalena
- Painting San Rocco
- San Lucio Pass with Oratory San Lucio
- Bernhard Other: Guida d'Arte della Svizzera Italiana. Edizioni Trelingue, Porza-Lugano 1980, page 296.
- Antonio Gili: Bogno. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland . January 17, 2017 , accessed January 7, 2020 .
- Flavio Maggi: Patriziati e patrizi ticinesi. Pramo Edizioni, Viganello 1997.
- Simona Martinoli u. a .: Guida d'arte della Svizzera italiana. Edizioni Casagrande, Bellinzona 2007, page 383.
- Celestino Trezzini : Bogno In: Historisch-Biographisches Lexikon der Schweiz , Volume 2, Biondetti - Brupbacher , Attinger, Neuenburg 1924, page 291, ( digitized version ), (accessed on July 3, 2017).
- Bogno: inventory of cultural assets of the Canton of Ticino
- Bogno on elexikon.ch
- Celestino Trezzini: Bogno. Digitized at biblio.unibe.ch/digibern/hist_bibliog_lexikon_schweiz, page 291, (accessed on June 27, 2017).
- Population of Bogno at the end of 2019 on statistica.lugano.ch/site/demografia/
- Simona Martinoli u. a .: Guida d'arte della Svizzera italiana. (Hrsg. GSK), Edizioni Casagrande, Bellinzona 2007, ISBN 978-88-7713-482-0 , p. 383