Daniel Kirch grew up in Cologne . After interning in directing with Andreas Homoki at the Cologne Opera and beginning acting training, he studied singing at the Cologne University of Music with Hans Sotin and attended master classes with James Wagner and Klesie Kelly-Moog and expanded his studies with Dennis O'Neill , Reiner Goldberg , René Kollo and Jan-Hendrick Rootering .
Kirch began in the 1996/97 season at the Komische Oper Berlin , where he was engaged in the ensemble until 2002 and was also associated with the house for a number of years.
He has been working as a freelancer since 2002 and has since worked at the opera houses of the Berlin State Opera , Deutsche Oper Berlin , Bavarian State Opera , Semperoper Dresden, Oper Frankfurt , Oper Leipzig , State Theater Stuttgart , Opera Cologne, Opera House Düsseldorf , La Monnaie in Brussels, Vienna State Opera , Burgtheater Vienna , Graz Opera , Zurich Opera , Gran Teatro del Liceu , Teatro Alla Scala in Milan, the New National Theater Tokyo , Salzburg Festival , Bregenz Festival .
His opera repertoire ranges from initially u. a. the weighty lyrical tenor roles in Mozart until the 20th century, with a clear focus today on the great German, youthful-dramatic and now also heroic tenor repertoire.
In 2003 he was Belmonte in a much-acclaimed production of Mozart's Abduction from the Seraglio , directed by Christof Loy in Frankfurt. With this staging, the Frankfurt Opera was named Opera House of the Year in 2003 .
In 2017 Kirch made his debut at the Opéra de Lyon as Tristan in Tristan und Isolde by Richard Wagner in a revival of the legendary Bayreuth production of Tristan and Isolde by Heiner Müller under the musical direction of Hartmut Haenchen .
Kirch also celebrated successes as a lieder singer, whether with the Friends of the Lied in Zurich or at the Kissinger Sommer as well as in a special interpretation and scenic implementation of Schubert's Winterreise at the Deutsches Theater Berlin , directed by Michael Thalheimer . Kirch set an important milestone as a concert singer with the role of Waldemar in Arnold Schönberg's Gurre-Lieder under Lothar Zagrosek in Berlin, Reinbert de Leeuw in Rotterdam and under Zubin Mehta and the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra in Tel Aviv.
- 2000: Love longing , operetta melodies
- 2002: The Harmony of the World , Marek Janowski, Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester Berlin
- 2004: Ernst Krenek : The dictator / heavyweight M. Janowski, German Symphony Orchestra Berlin
- 2007: The Princess and the Pea op.43 , children's opera
- 2011: Scenes from Goethe's Faust , orchestra: Warsaw Philharmonic, conductor Antoni Wit, composer: Robert Schumann
- 2012: Gurre-Lieder / Transfigured Night Op.4 , Arnold Schönberg, Zubin Mehta, Israel Philharmonic Orchestra
- 2013: Albert Lortzing: Regina , conductor Ulf Schirmer, Münchner Rundfunkorchester
- 2014: Antonín Dvořák: Requiem , Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir, Antoni Wit
- 2017: Wallenstein , ORF Radio Symphony Orchestra Vienna , Cornelius Meister
- 2005: Carl Nielsen: Masquerade , Bregenz Festival, David Pountney
- 2009: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart : The Abduction from the Seraglio, Oper Frankfurt
- Daniel Kirch's website
- Daniel Kirch at operabase
- Daniel Kirch at operissimo
- Daniel Kirch at the Leipzig Opera
- Daniel Kirch at the Stuttgart Opera
- Karl-Josef Kutsch, Leo Riemens: Kirch, Daniel . In: Large song dictionary . tape 4 . Walter de Gruyter, 2012, ISBN 978-3-598-44088-5 , p. 2387 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German tenor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||around 1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cologne|