|Canton :||Canton of St. Gallen (SG)|
|Constituency :||St. Gallen|
|BFS no. :||3212|
|Postal code :||9034|
|Height range :||539–999 m above sea level M.|
|Area :||8.90 km²|
|Residents:||2280 (December 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||256 inhabitants per km²|
|Location of the municipality|
Eggersriet is located a little above and east of the canton capital St. Gallen on the route between St. Gallen and Heiden and consists of the villages Eggersriet and the St. Gallischen Grub. Neighboring communities are St. Gallen in the west, Untereggen and Rorschacherberg in the north, Lutzenberg and Heiden in the east, Grub AR , Rehetobel and Speicher in the south .
Eggersriet is connected to St. Gallen via the main road through the Martinstobel. This leads to Heiden via the Appenzellisches Grub. A stagecoach operated regularly on this route from 1871 to 1874 and again from 1896. This was replaced in 1920 by the St. Gallen - Heiden post bus line, which still exists today . As a result of this meanwhile expanded transport connection to the canton capital, Eggersriet developed into a residential community with numerous commuters from the 1970s . The Postbuses run every half hour.
- Columban Bishop (1674–1740), librarian at the St. Gallen Monastery
- Franz Egger (* 1952), historian
- Josef Felix Müller (* 1955), sculptor, graphic artist and painter
The Fünfländerblick viewpoint (approx. 900 m; name from the time when Baden, Württemberg and Bavaria were counted as individual states) above the district of Grub SG belongs to the municipality of Eggersriet .
- Official website of the municipality of Eggersriet
- Peter Müller: Eggersriet. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland .
- Permanent and non-permanent resident population by year, canton, district, municipality, population type and gender (permanent resident population). In: bfs. admin.ch . Federal Statistical Office (FSO), August 31, 2019, accessed on December 22, 2019 .