Erwin Reidinger attended secondary school and the HTL Mödling , then completed his studies in civil engineering at the Technical University of Vienna and graduated in 1968 with a degree in engineering. From 1968 to 1974 he worked in a civil engineering office. Since 1974 he has been an official expert for construction and from 1992 to 2002 department head in the office of the provincial government of Lower Austria . In 1996 he started with the dissertation topic Planning or Chance. Wiener Neustadt 1192 at the Technical University of Graz for Dr.-techn. PhD.
Erwin Reidinger was involved in numerous cultural and historical research, observed construction sites for archaeological details and presented various writings on them. Over the past five years, he and many others have worked with 2,000 voluntary hours a year to maintain the Winzendorf Church of the Assumption, and in 1991 Winzendorf received the Europa Nostra Prize for this . He has in the field of geodesy and archaeoastronomy historical stakeout , Ostung and Achsknick as churches and Klaus Humpert to urban planning research and staking medieval city foundations and urban growth and is arrived at new results.
Erwin Reidinger is married and has four children and ten grandchildren.
In 2000 he was appointed Knight of the Order of Knights of the Holy Sepulcher by Cardinal Grand Master Carlo Furno and invested on September 23, 2000 by Maximilian Fürnsinn , Grand Prior of the Austrian Lieutenancy .
Reidinger's work on the Jerusalem temple
Erwin Reidinger would like to establish a new research discipline structural archeology, which combines structural , geodetic and astronomical methods in order to reconstruct ancient temples. Based on the kinking of the east wall of the Herodian temple platform, which he identified with the northeast corner of the Solomonic temple with the help of Ez 42 EU , Reidinger believed he could determine the central axis of the Solomonic temple. He then determined when the sun rose through this central axis on the 1st day of Passover during the reign of Solomon , and came to the conclusion that the building was on April 18, 957 BC. Was started. This is an outsider thesis, which also presupposes what Finkelstein and others have questioned, namely that Solomon built the temple.
honors and awards
- 1990 Real Councilor of the Lower Austrian state government
- 1996 Lower Austrian Culture Prize
- 2000 accolade as Knight of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem
- 2008 professional title Professor
- The medieval church Maria Himmelfahrt in Winzendorf. Unit of measurement and layout of the church. In: Archaeologia Austriaca 74/1990 Vienna, 140–152.
- together with Hermann Kurahs, Sepp Szedonja, Johann Wieser: Bad Radkersburg : natural space and population, history, urban layout, architecture , municipality of Bad Radkersburg, Bad Radkersburg 1997.
- Medieval founding cities in Lower Austria, basics - rules - examples. In: Österreichische Ingenieur- und Architekten-Zeitschrift , 1/1998, 2–20.
- Geotop - Engelsberg marble quarry in Winzendorf-Muthmannsdorf . In: Our home. Journal for Regional Studies of Lower Austria, 1/1999, 27–31.
- with Werner Jobst (arrangement, editor): Carnuntum-Jahrbuch. Journal for archeology and cultural history of the Danube region: 1999 , Verlag Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften , Vienna 2000, ISBN 3700128738 (?).
- The Romanesque parish church of St. Martin in Bad Fischau. Our home town. Journal for Regional Studies of Lower Austria, 4/1999, 306–314.
- Wiener Neustadt 1192 - Groundwater and town planning . In: Our home. Journal for Regional Studies of Lower Austria, 2/2000, 139–149.
- Planning or chance. Wiener Neustadt 1192. 2nd edition, Böhlau Verlag , Vienna 2001, ISBN 3-205-99339-X .
- Archaeological building research in the area of the Fischauer-Tor of Wiener Neustadt: Report on excavations 1998-1999 , Verlag Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 2001.
- Marchegg - Easter Sunday 1268. In: Der Sternenbote, Austrian monthly astronomical journal. No. 551/2002, Volume 45, Issue 6, Marchegg parish church pp. 102-106. see:
- Medieval town planning using the example of Linz . In: Archive of the City of Linz (Ed.): Historical Yearbook of the City of Linz 2001. Introduction - General rules of medieval town planning - Medieval Linz with planning and execution of city expansion - Main square - City gates and towers - City parish church .
- together with Wieland Mittmannsgruber, Georg Wacha: Historisches Jahrbuch. Archive of the City of Linz, Linz 2003, ISBN 3900388547 . (?)
- The temple complex in Jerusalem from Solomon to Herod. From the point of view of structural archeology. 2005.
- with Gerhard Hradil (ed.): Sancta Crux 2009: 70th volume, No. 126/2009 , Be & Be-Verlag, 2010, ISBN 3902694238 .
- Easter 326. Foundation of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem . In: Liber Annuus 62/2012, Studium Biblicum Franciscanum, Jerusalem 371–403.
- Stiftskirche Göttweig 1072. Orientation - bend in the axis - date of foundation. Austrian Journal for Art and Monument Preservation LXVII 2013 ISSUE 1/2.
- 1027. Foundation of the Speyer Cathedral . Sun - orientation - bend - date of foundation - Archangel Michael . Writings of the Diocesan Archives Speyer - Volume 46, Pilger-Verlag, Annweiler 2014, ISBN 978-3-942133-76-0 .
- Easter 1136. New findings on the foundation of (Klein-) Mariazell in Austria. (= M.CellA. Contributions to history, art and culture of the former Benedictine monastery of Mariazell in Austria 2) pin Kleinmariazell and Basilica Kleinmariazell . With a foreword by Thomas Aigner , Diözesanarchiv St. Pölten, St. Pölten 2016, ISBN 978-3-901863-51-6 .
- 2014 Erwin Reidinger Very private. WN-TV, Michael Wehrl, April 16, 2014.
- 2019 Orientation of sanctuaries on the rising sun. Temple of Solomon - Alt St. Peter in Rome - Collegiate Church of Heiligenkreuz. Lecture, Philosophical-Theological College Benedict XVI. , November 14, 2019.
- Erwin Reidinger: The temple complex in Jerusalem from Solomon to Herod from the point of view of structural archeology. In: Biblical Notes, Contributions to the Exegetical Discussion , Issue 114/115, Munich 2002, 89–150 (Summary 150), ; ders: The Temple Mount Platform in Jerusalem from Solomon to Herod: An Archaeological Re-Examination. In: Assaph, Studies in Art History , Volume 9, Tel Aviv 2004, pp. 1–64; ; ders .: The temple in Jerusalem: dating after the sun. In: Biblical Notes, Current Contributions to the Exegesis of the Bible and its World. New series, issue number 128, Salzburg 2006, 81-104 (Summary 102,103),
- Erwin Reidinger, The Temple Complex in Jerusalem from Solomon to Herod from the View of Architectural Archeology (Review) . In: Bernhard Lang (Ed.): International Review Of Biblical Studies 2003-2004 . No. 1666 . Brill, Leiden 2005, p. 383 .
- Erwin Reidinger / 2012: Easter 326: Foundation of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian civil engineer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 11, 1942|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wiener Neustadt|