Eva Zilcher was a daughter of the pianist and composer Hermann Zilcher and the actress Luise Henrich.
The actress, who later also gave acting lessons, made her debut in Cologne in 1939. From 1941 onwards she performed at the municipal theaters in Graz. From 1944, Zilcher, brought to Vienna by Heinz Hilpert , received engagements in several Viennese theaters and stages ( Volkstheater ; Insel; Theater in der Josefstadt ; Scala Vienna ).
From 1960 she played numerous roles at the Vienna Burgtheater , among others in plays by Brecht, Grillparzer, Schiller, Shakespeare and Dürrenmatt. In between she also gave guest appearances in Basel, Berlin and Zurich. She was awarded the professional title of chamber actress.
Eva Zilcher rests in the Vienna Central Cemetery (group 33 G, grave 72) together with the blind Dorothea Neff , whose helpful companion and colleague she was, in an honorary grave of the city of Vienna.
In September 2011 the play You stay with me , written by Felix Mitterer for the house, was premiered at the Volkstheater in Vienna . It deals with the fact that Dorothea Neff spontaneously decided to hide her Jewish friend Lily Wolff from the Nazi thugs for the duration of the war. As Wolff's confidante and competitor for Neff's affection, Eva Zilcher is part of the play based on actual events.
2016 was in the 10th district of Vienna favorites , the Eva Zilcher street named after her.
- Power in the dark, Austria 1947, documentary film, director: Hermann Wallbrück
- Dunja (Der Postmeister), Austria 1955, melodrama, director: Josef von Baky
- König Ottokars Glück und Ende, TV film 1966 based on the drama by Franz Grillparzer , role: Margarethe von Österreich
- The Tenant, TV film 1967 based on the novel by Marie Belloc Lowndes, role of the landlady Ellen Bunting
- And Jimmy went to the rainbow , Germany 1971, thriller based on the novel by Johannes Mario Simmel , directed by Alfred Vohrer
- Via Mala , Germany 1985, Heimatfilm, director: Tom Toelle
- Ringstrasse Palace , TV series, 1980–1986; Christl Steininger in four broadcasts, 1983
- Right, Not Revenge ( Murderers Among Us. The Simon Wiesenthal Story ), Movie made for TV, 1989
- Entry on Eva Zilcher in the Austria Forum (in the AEIOU Austria Lexicon )
- Mailath: Maria-Lassnig-Straße decided . City hall correspondence of April 8, 2016, accessed April 8, 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 25, 1920|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wurzburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 20, 1994|
|Place of death||Vienna|