Franca (Sao Paulo)
|Município de Franca
"Capital do Calçado"Franca
View of the center of Franca
|Location of the municipality in the state of São Paulo|
"Genti Meae Paul istä Fidelis"
True to my Paulistas family
|founding||28th November 1824 (195 years)|
|Metropolitan area||Aglomeração Urbana de Franca|
|climate||tropical with dry seasons, Aw|
|density||526.1 Ew. / km²|
|estimate||353,187 (July 1, 2019)|
|Parish code||IBGE : 3516200|
|Telephone code||(+55) 16|
|Time zone||UTC −3|
|Website||www.franca.sp (Brazilian Portuguese)|
|City Prefect||Gilson de Souza (2017-2020)|
|GDP||9,689,019 thousand. R $
28,108 R $ per capita
|HDI||0.780 (high) (2010)|
Franca , officially Portuguese Município de Franca , is a city in Brazil in the state of São Paulo , about 1,030 m above sea level. The most important industries in Franca are the shoe industry and the chemical industry. The population was estimated as of July 1, 2019 at 353,187 inhabitants, who are called francanos in Portuguese and live on a community area of around 605.7 km².
- Museu do Calçado de Franca - extensive shoe museum of the "capital of men's shoes"
The aerospace company Aeroálcool Tecnologia Ltda is based in Franca .
sons and daughters of the town
- Jaime Luiz Coelho (1916–2013), Archbishop of Maringá
- Sérgio Henrique Ferreira (1934–2016), pharmacologist and doctor
- Regina Duarte (* 1947), actress
- Wagner Lopes (* 1969), Japanese football player
- Welder da Silva Marçal (* 1991), Brazilian soccer player