Günter Hartmann (born March 18, 1930 in Halberstadt ) is a former German party functionary of the GDR block party NDPD . He was a member of the People's Chamber of the GDR and chairman of the NDPD in 1989/90.
The son of a worker attended elementary school. After the Second World War, he became a member of the Antifa Youth Committee in Blankenburg (Harz) and of the FDGB in 1945 . From 1945 to 1946 he worked as a land surveyor in the implementation of the land reform in Germany . In 1946 he became a member of the FDJ. From 1947 to 1948 he studied at the Magdeburg Engineering School and at the Bergakademie Freiberg (Saxony) with a degree as a surveyor . In 1949 he joined the NDPD. He was the city youth leader of the FDJ in Kölleda and from 1949 to 1950 district marketer at the SAG Wismut in Johanngeorgenstadt.
From 1951 he was a functionary of the NDPD. He was initially a youth officer at the state executive board of Saxony-Anhalt and from 1951 to 1958 a member of the main committee of the NDPD. From 1952 to 1954 he was a member of the Halle district committee of the NDPD. From 1954 to 1971 he was an employee of the main committee, from 1960 head of department and from 1964 head of the office of the deputy chairman or chairman of the NDPD, Heinrich Homann . From 1956 to 1960 he completed a distance learning course at the Berlin School of Economics and became a graduate economist . From 1967 to 1990 he was again a member of the main committee of the NDPD and from April 1972 to 1990 a member of the party executive committee and the presidium and secretariat of the main committee. From 1972 to 1989 he was a member of the National Council of the National Front , the Presidium of the Peace Council and the Presidium of the League for Friendship of Nations , from 1974 of the Chile Center of the GDR.
On July 12, 1973, at the 9th session of the People's Chamber, he was appointed as the successor to Gustav Siemon as Berlin's representative in the People's Chamber. At the 11th meeting of the People's Chamber on December 19, 1973, he was confirmed as a member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs in place of the MP Friedhelm Foerster . Until 1976 he was the Berlin representative and member of the NDPD parliamentary group in the Volkskammer, until 1986 a member of the Foreign Affairs Committee and from June 1986 to 1989 a member of the Presidium of the Volkskammer and from 1986 to March 1990 chairman of the NDPD parliamentary group as successor to Siegfried Dallmann . From May 9, 1987 (13th party congress) to November 1989, he was deputy chairman of the NDPD. After Heinrich Homann resigned on November 2, 1989, he became the party's executive chairman. In the election of the party chairman at the 6th session of the NDPD main committee on November 7, 1989, he was elected chairman. He held this position until January 20, 1990 (14th party congress). He was a participant in the central round table in 1989/90 . From January to March 1990 he acted again as deputy chairman, then as an advisor to the party executive. He supported a confederation of GDR and Federal Republic of Germany. He took early retirement in 1990 and became a member of the League of Free Democrats , later the FDP .
- Medal of Merit of the GDR
- Honorary title of Honored Activist
- 1964 Patriotic Order of Merit in bronze, 1972 and 1977 in silver and 1985 in gold
- 1980 Order Banner of Labor Level I
- Günther Buch: Names and dates of important people in the GDR. 4th, revised and expanded edition. Dietz, Berlin (West) / Bonn 1987, ISBN 3-8012-0121-X , p. 107.
- Andreas Herbst (eds.), Winfried Ranke, Jürgen Winkler: This is how the GDR worked. Volume 3: Lexicon of functionaries (= rororo manual. Vol. 6350). Rowohlt, Reinbek bei Hamburg 1994, ISBN 3-499-16350-0 , p. 128.
- Gabriele Baumgartner, Dieter Hebig (Hrsg.): Biographisches Handbuch der SBZ / DDR. 1945–1990. Volume 1: Abendroth - Lyr. KG Saur, Munich 1996, ISBN 3-598-11176-2 , p. 282.
- Helmut Müller-Enbergs : . In: Who was who in the GDR? 5th edition. Volume 1. Ch. Links, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86153-561-4 .
- Short biography in the chronicle of the turnaround of the Berlin-Brandenburg radio station
- Günter Hartmann in: Christoph Wunnicke : The block parties of the GDR. Continuities and Transformation 1945–1990 , series of publications by the Berlin State Commissioner for the Records of the State Security Service of the former GDR, Berlin 2014, pp. 126–130. (pdf)
- Berliner Zeitung , December 20, 1973, p. 7.
- Berliner Zeitung , May 2, 1985, p. 6.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German NDPD functionary, MdV|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 18, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Halberstadt|