Georg Friedrich Ziebland
Ziebland studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich with Karl von Fischer and Friedrich von Gärtner architecture . He was a fellow student of Joseph Daniel Ohlmüller , with whom he later often worked together (for example on the completion of Hohenschwangau). Ziebland has gone down in the history of architecture primarily through its further development of the round arch style, in particular through its terracotta and brick combination of the Abbey Church of St. Boniface, which is reminiscent of the early Christian and Byzantine architecture. This major work by Ziebland was created under the impression of a two-year study trip (1827–1829) to Italy, on which the Bavarian King Ludwig I had sent him to study the Roman basilicas. After his return to Munich, the king appointed him to the architecture committee to which he was a permanent member until 1867 and was appointed to its executive committee after Leo von Klenze's death in 1864. From 1854 he was the only one to bear the title of full member of the architecture committee , which was even recorded in the court and state handbook . In addition to his various construction contracts, Ziebland was active in the building administration as a senior building officer and later taught as a professor of architecture at the academy.
His tombstone in Regensburg's Lazarus cemetery , the area of which was later incorporated into the city park, is still there.
- 1820–: Completion of the Munich court theater begun by Karl von Fischer
- 1839–: Completion of the Mariahilfkirche in der Au after the death of Joseph Daniel Ohlmüller
- 1838–45: St. Boniface Abbey Church
- 1838–48: State collections of antiquities on Königsplatz
- 1839–50: Completion of the Hohenschwangau Castle near Füssen, begun by Domenico Quaglio
- 1849: Protestant St. Paulus Church in Perlach
- Hyacinth Holland : Ziebland, Georg Friedrich . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 45, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1900, pp. 152-154.
- General Directorate of the Bavarian State Archives: The Architecture Committee of King Ludwig I , Exhibition Catalog, Small Exhibition No. 46, Munich 2015, ISBN 978-3-938831-54-0
- Works by and about Georg Friedrich Ziebland in the German Digital Library
- Franz Jacob Schmitt: Ober-Baurath, Prof. Georg Friedrich von Ziebland on his 100th birthday. : Allgemeine Bauzeitung , year 1900, p. 84 (online at ANNO ).
- BayHStArchiv, OBB Personnel File 9573
|SURNAME||Ziebland, Georg Friedrich|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German architect|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 1, 1800|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||regensburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 24, 1873|
|Place of death||Munich|