Gunther Dahinten grew up in Biberach an der Riß and graduated from high school there in 1962 at the newly named Wieland-Gymnasium Biberach , to whose school chronicle, published in October 2014, he also contributed.
For 34 years he was the local editor-in-chief at the Schwäbische Zeitung for the district of Biberach (abbreviation: dah ) and was dismissed in March 2002 together with district writer Roland Reck (editor-in-chief and publisher of the Blix magazine ) allegedly because of critical reports on district administrator Peter Schneider . There was no step in the back when Reck continuously reported on grievances in the Biberach district office, which was then headed by Schneider. His good reputation and reader protests could not prevent Dahintens from entering into early retirement.
Since then, Gunther Dahinten has been artistically active in several areas. In addition to photography and painting, he holds readings, took on small film roles and is a member of the Biberach cabaret ensemble Der Springende Punkt .
Among other things, he is a member of the Wieland Society Biberach and the Biberach Art Association. He is still editor-in-chief of WGaktuell, a newsletter of the Wieland-Gymnasium Biberach that appears several times a year.
- On road. Gunther Dahinten took photos in the Biberach district. Illustrated book with texts by Wolfgang Brenneisen , Biberacher Verlagsdruckerei, Biberach 1999. ISBN 978-3-924-48999-1
- with Johannes Riedel, Thomas Chapter: Profiles Oberschwaben. Biberacher Verlagsdruckerei, Biberach 2004. ISBN 978-3-933-61418-6
- with Johannes Riedel, Johann Melzner: Profile Ravensburg. Biberacher Verlagsdruckerei, Biberach 2008. ISBN 978-3-933-61440-7
- Biberach. A scenic stroll through the city. Biberacher Verlagsdruckerei, Biberach 2010. ISBN 978-3-933-61464-3
- with further: cinema, film and television in Biberach. Edited by Uwe Degreif, Museum Biberach, Biberach 2012. ISBN 978-3-981-45113-9
- Biberach laughs and creates. Stories and impressions. Edited by Peter Zwey, Verlag Gerhard Hess, Bad Schussenried 2013. ISBN 978-3-873-36453-0
- Biberach. A city in Upper Swabia. Biberacher Verlagsdruckerei, Biberach 2016. ISBN 978-3-943-39187-9
- 2003: Something will happen (supporting role; short film; director: Roland Gießer )
- 2012–2014: The problem of the fastest flight (supporting role; short film; director: Philipp Käßbohrer )
- 2009: small work show, Anna Haus, Schemmerhofen pilgrimage site
- 2011: "Biberach - like painted", cabinet exhibition, Museum Biberach
- 2014/2015: "Alles Palette 80x120", participation in the member exhibition at the Kunstverein Biberach
- 2017: "Light Art Light", participation in the anniversary exhibition 30 years of the Kunstverein Biberach
- Literature by and about Gunther Dahinten in the catalog of the German National Library
- Gunther Dahinten at filmportal.de
- The smell of old and ammonia…. In: WGaktuell, news from the Wieland Gymnasium Biberach, school year 13/14, No. 1.
- Political pressure. In: Hermann Meyn : Mass media in Germany. UVK Verlagsgesellschaft, Konstanz 2004, p. 80. ISBN 978-3-896-69420-1
- How not to avoid the "bad press hype" in the end. Badische Zeitung, November 4, 2010.
- Josef-Otto Freudenreich: A Christian sheet on the boulevard. How the Schwäbische Zeitung makes its readers homeless. In: Wolfgang Messner, Rainer Nübel, Meinrad Heck : “We can do everything.” Felt, corruption & friendship in the model country. Klöpfer & Meyer Verlag, 2012. ISBN 978-3-863-51201-9 ( pdf in the Reporter Forum)
- There reads stories. Schwäbische Zeitung, September 15, 2008.
- Program of the Wieland Foundation from February to August 2017. ( Memento of the original from September 12, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Wieland Museum , Biberach, 2017.
- cabaret: The jumping point. Good Trip …. Biberach cultural calendar, November 2011.
- 56 artists fascinate with diversity. Schwäbische Zeitung, April 9, 2017.
- In a small retrospective ... , in: Current issues on the pastoral care unit - until 2009 (inclusive). ( Memento of the original from September 12, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Pastoral care unit Schemmerhofen, 2009.
- Exhibitions Aug./Sept. 11. In: Blix, edition August / September 2011, p. 67.
- "All palette". Schwäbische Zeitung, December 29, 2014.
- Kunstverein Biberach celebrates its 30th anniversary with an exhibition on light. Schwäbische Zeitung, April 6, 2017.
|SURNAME||Over there, Gunther|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist, author, painter, photographer and actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Freiburg in Breisgau|