Hendrik Hoppenstedt (* 14. June 1972 in Großburgwedel ) is a German lawyer and politician of the CDU . He has been Minister of State with the Chancellor since March 14, 2018 . Hoppenstedt has been a member of the Bundestag since 2013 .
Hendrik Hoppenstedt attended elementary school in Thönse and then went to the Großburgwedel grammar school with a stay abroad in Abingdon in England . After graduating from high school , he did his one year military service and trained as a reserve officer . He then studied law at the universities of Passau , Lausanne and Würzburg until 1999 , which he completed with a doctorate . In the next two years he worked as a law clerk at the district court of Hanover , at the Hanover public prosecutor and the district government employs, and the Federal Council and in the German Embassy in the United States . Until 2005 he was division manager of Allianz SE in Berlin and worked as a lawyer .
He is married and has two daughters. Hoppenstedt is a Protestant denomination.
He was elected the first full-time mayor of the city of Burgwedel in the Hanover region on October 31, 2004 and was confirmed in office in the 2011 local elections with 73.1 percent of the votes. In the federal election in September 2013, Hendrik Hoppenstedt ran as a direct candidate for the Christian Democrats in the Hanover-Land I constituency . He won the constituency with 44.3 percent of the first votes against the previous SPD representative Caren Marks for the first time since 1994 for the CDU and thus became a member of the Bundestag. He gave up the office of mayor with the acceptance of the Bundestag mandate. In the German Bundestag, Hendrik Hoppenstedt was Deputy Chairman of the Committee on Legal Affairs and Consumer Protection from 2016 to March 2018 and a member of the European Law subcommittee and a deputy member of the Foreign Affairs Committee . Hoppenstedt was also a deputy member of the 2nd committee of inquiry for the 18th electoral term.
Hoppenstedt is the district association chairman of the CDU Hannover-Land and chairman of the CDU in the Hannover region. Furthermore, he has held the rank of lieutenant colonel of the reserve since March 25, 2015 .
He is one of the 75 Union MPs - 68 from the CDU (26.9% of all CDU MPs) and 7 from the CSU (12.5% of all CSU MPs) - who voted for same-sex marriage in June 2017 .
Hoppenstedt has been Minister of State to the Federal Chancellor since the Merkel IV cabinet was formed and is responsible for coordinating federal-state relations.
- Website of Hendrik Hoppenstedt
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- CV at the CDU / CSU parliamentary group
- German Bundestag - Biographies. Retrieved July 8, 2020 .
- Marktspiegel Burgwedel , accessed on May 30, 2011
- Bernd Haase, Martin Laubner: Hendrik Hoppenstedt is drawn to Berlin . Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung, May 25, 2012, p. 14
- Martin Lauber: CDU wants to choose successor soon Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung from 23 September 2013
- Press release of the German Bundestag from March 21, 2018
- Journal of the Federal Ministry of Defense of March 25, 2015, last sentence of the article.
- DW: Marriage for everyone: which MPs voted for and which voted against. In: welt.de . June 30, 2017. Retrieved October 7, 2018 .
- Hendrik Brandt: Hendrik Hoppenstedt should move to the Chancellery. In: Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung , February 25, 2018.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 14, 1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Großburgwedel|