After attending secondary school and training in agriculture, Glüsing, who was an evangelical believer, had been an independent farmer since 1937 . From 1940 to 1945 he took part in the Second World War as a soldier. After the war he was appointed district farmer manager in the Norderdithmarschen district.
In 1926 Glüsing joined the “ Jungstahlhelm ”. On September 1, 1928, he joined the NSDAP , received membership number 28,921 and at the same time became a member of the SA . In 1933 he was expelled from the NSDAP and all of its organizations. From 1945 he was a CDU member.
Hermann Glüsing was a member of the German Bundestag from 1949 to 1972 . He has always entered the Bundestag as a directly elected member of the Norder- and Süderdithmarschen constituency or, since 1965, after the reorganization of the Schleswig-Holstein constituencies, of the Husum constituency .
Glüsing was also a member of the district council, first in the Norderdithmarschen district and after the district reform in the new Dithmarschen district . From May 11, 1970 until his death, he was district president in Dithmarschen, having previously held the same office in Norderdithmarschen since 1950.
From November 16, 1948 to April 13, 1950, Glüsing was District Administrator of the then Norderdithmarschen district.
- 1969: Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1980: Grand Cross of Merit with Star of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Hermann Glüsing: Dor warr ik mi to take care of. With a foreword by Gerhard Stoltenberg , Heide, 1976.
- Rudolf Vierhaus , Ludolf Herbst (eds.), Bruno Jahn (collaborators): Biographical manual of the members of the German Bundestag. 1949-2002. Vol. 1: A-M. KG Saur, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-598-23782-0 , p. 266.
- Jessica von Seggern : Old and New Democrats in Schleswig-Holstein. Franz Steiner Verlag, 2005, ISBN 3-515-08801-6 , p. 67.
- Marie-Elisabeth Rehn : Heider Gottsleider. Basel 1992, ISBN 3-939000-31-0 , pp. 29/30.
- Glüsing (Dithmarschen), Hermann . In: Martin Schumacher (Ed.): MdB - The People's Representation 1946–1972. - [Gaa to Gymnich] (= KGParl online publications ). Commission for the History of Parliamentarism and Political Parties e. V., Berlin 2006, ISBN 978-3-00-020703-7 , pp. 379 , urn : nbn: de: 101: 1-2014070812574 ( kgparl.de [PDF; 297 kB ; accessed on June 19, 2017]).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German farmer and politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 27, 1908|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wrohm|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 25, 1981|
|Place of death||Wrohm|