Hermann Johann von Benckendorff
Hermann Johann von Benckendorff (born July 30, 1751 in Vyborg ; † January 8, 1800 in Kiltsi , Estonia ) at Ass Castle, Mr. at Ass and Sternhof was major in the Imperial Russian Army and District Marshal of the Lääne-Viru district in Estonia.
Hermann Johann came from the Swedish-Estonian noble family " von Benckendorff ", whose origins lay in Salzwedel . The family provided several well-known generals , local and Russian politicians in Estonia and diplomats . His parents were Johann Michael von Benckendorff (1720–1775) and Sophie Elisabeth von Löwenstern (1724–1783).
His first marriage in 1774 was Katharina Magdalena von Brevern (around 1748–1775 in Reval ), daughter of Adam Ludwig von Brevern on Jaggowal. From this marriage came Sophie Christine Gertrude von Benckendorff (born September 22, 1775 in Reval † March 26, 1818 in Koik ), she was married to Bernhard Johann von Helffreich on Koik († 1834). In 1776 he married Christine Elisabeth von Brevern, daughter of Peter von Brevern auf Maart, in his second marriage . The descendants were:
- Magdalena Elisabeth von Benckendorff (* March 27, 1777 in Reval † December 30, 1798 in Ass), married to Jakob von Brümmer († 1846)
- Juliana Dorothea Katharina von Benckendorff (born May 27, 1778 in Ass † April 1, 1837 in Hannijöggi ), she was married to Georg Matthias Staël von Holstein († 1853).
- Paul Friedrich von Benckendorff (born November 26, 1784 in Gatchina ( Russia ) † December 2, 1841 in Ass), lieutenant guard, knight captain , district administrator , civil governor of Estonia, privy councilor; married to Elisabeth von Rehbinder * 1788 † 1856
- Theodor von Benckendorff * around 1786 † November 16, 1804 in Ass
- Genealogical manual of the Baltic knighthoods, Görlitz 1930
- Family tree Hermann Johann von Benckendorff, on genealogieonline.nl
|SURNAME||Benckendorff, Hermann Johann von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Major in the Imperial Russian Army, District Marshal|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 30, 1751|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vyborg , Finland|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 8, 1800|
|Place of death||Kiltsi , Estonia|