Born in Bonn, Follert met the musician Jo Zimmermann ( Schlammpeitziger ) in the late 1980s . Together with Zimmermann and two other musicians, he founded the band Hal's Dream , which broke up after a few appearances.
Then Follert decided to train as a designer and worked from 1994 to 2003 for the music channel VIVA as a screen and audio designer . In 1998, 1999 and 2000 he received awards from the Art Directors Club for his work at VIVA . From 1992 to 1995 he played in the Cologne post-rock band Hallo Bürste .
The project album Visor with pieces by Follert, Jens Massel and Tom Steinle was released on Tomlab in 1997 . In 1998 his first solo album Wunder, the project of the same name, was released on the Cologne label Karaoke Kalk , which contained purely instrumental electronica pieces. Two years later the first album appeared as a change Garland on Morr Music . The album The Isle was created in 2003 from the collaboration with the Japanese musician Sohichiro Suzuki alias World Standard .
In 2005 Follert founded the music project 17 Pictures, whose self-titled album was released on Madeleine . In the same year Follert produced the soundtrack for the film Truth or Dare . In 2007, Follert also composed the score for the film My Friend from Faro .
Follert composed the music for Schorsch in Cameroon , the theater play MS ADENAUER premiered at the Schauspiel Köln in 2009 - the first anti-authoritarian state opera . In the same year he composed the music for Sebastian Baumgarten's production of Michael Bulgakow's Die Flucht at the Stuttgart State Theater . In 2010 he composed the music for Baumgartens theater play Der goldne Topf , performed at the Staatsschauspiel Dresden , as well as the music for the Penthesilea production by Felicitas Brucker at the Maxim-Gorki-Theater in Berlin. Another theater music for the independent theater production Agrippina - The Empress from Cologne at the Schauspielhaus Cologne, directed and collaborated by Suse Wächter, as well as the musicians Christoph Clöser and Thomas Klein ended the year 2010.
In 2011, after a five-year break, Dreams Become Things was released as a new album as Wechsel Garland .
- 1998: Wunder - Wunder ( Karaoke Kalk )
- 2000: Change Garland - Change Garland ( Morr Music )
- 2002: Change Garland - Liberation Von History (Karaoke Kalk)
- 2003: World Standard & Wechsel Garland - The Isle (P-Vine Records)
- 2005: 17 Pictures - 17 Pictures (Madeleine)
- 2006: Change Garland - Easy (Karaoke Kalk)
- 2011: Change Garland - Dreams Become Things (Strzelecki Books)
Singles and EPs
- 1997: Motel - EP (Karaoke Kalk)
- 1997: Saucer - EP (Karaoke Kalk)
- 2006: Change Garland - Not Easy EP (Kalk Pets)
- 1998: Haujobb feat. Vanessa Briggs - Less (Saucer Rmx)
- 1999: Mike Ink - Polka Trax 3 (change Garland Remix)
- 2000: Silent Poets - Save The Day (change to Garland Mix)
- 2000: Hessen - Sylvester (New Years Day Remix)
- 2000: Tied & Tickled Trio - Ea1 Ea2 No. 10
- 2000: Donna Regina - Out Of And Back Into (Wechsel Garland Remix)
- 2000: Child's View - Assi Que Dodo (Wunder Mix)
- 2001: Psi Performer - 1992 (change Garland Remix)
- 2001: Rei Harakami - Vapor / Put Off_I Do It (change Garland Remix)
- 2001: Ken Hirai - Green Christmas (Wechsel Garland Remix)
- 2001: Total Chaos - Open Letter (Remix)
- 2003: Gustavo Cerati - Sulky (change Garland Mix)
- 2004: Calexico - Attack El Robot! Attack! (... And How We Lost Remix)
- Official website Wechsel-garland.de
- Official website sunsunpark.de
- Jörg Follert in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Jörg Follert at Discogs (English)
- Very gently and hard to grasp at ksta.de
- Jörg Follert ( Memento of the original from March 6, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. at staatsschauspiel-dresden.de, accessed on October 5, 2011
- Schlammpeitziger hoteldiscipline.net at, accessed 5 October 2011
- Profil Jörg Follert at sunsunpark.de, accessed on October 5, 2011
- Call it Wechsel at zeit.de, accessed on October 5, 2011
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||17 Pictures (pseudonym); Motel (pseudonym); Saucer (pseudonym); Change Garland (pseudonym); Miracle (pseudonym)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German musician, composer and music producer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bonn|