At the Olympic Games in Seoul in 1988 she was sixth in the 4 x 400 meters relay with the British team. The following year she was fourth over 200 m at the European Athletics Indoor Championships in The Hague .
In 1990, starting for England , she was fourth over 200 m and fifth over 400 m at the Commonwealth Games in Auckland . With the English relay she won silver in the 4-by-100-meter relay and gold in the 4-by-400-meter relay. At the European Athletics Championships in Split , she won bronze with the British team in the 4 x 400 meter relay.
At the World Athletics Championships in Tokyo in 1991 , she reached the quarter-finals over 200 m. The following year she won bronze in the 4 x 400 meter relay at the Olympic Games in Barcelona ( Phylis Smith , Sandra Douglas , Stoute, Sally Gunnell ; 3: 24.23 min) behind the relay teams of the United Team and the United States . Over 200 m she came into the semifinals.
An injury in the hamstring muscles led to the end of her career in high-performance sport in 1993. From 1996 to 1999 she appeared as a rebel on the British TV show Gladiators . In 2000 she took part in stunts for the film Gladiator .
Jennifer Stoute is married to her sprinter colleague John Regis and has two daughters.
- 100 m : 11.64 s, 3rd August 1990, Birmingham
- 200 m: 22.73 s, 3rd August 1992, Barcelona
- Hall: 23.50 s, February 19, 1989 The Hague
- 400 m: 51.53 s, 12 August 1989, Birmingham
- Jennifer Stoute in the database of World Athletics (English)
- Athlete portrait on The Power of Ten
- Jennifer Stoute in the database of Sports-Reference (English; archived from the original )
- Gladiators Zone: Rebel, Jennifer Stoute
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Stoute, Jennifer Elaine; Stoute, Jenny|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British sprinter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 16, 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bradford|