José Luis Munuera
He studied art in Granada for 5 years , but dropped out in favor of drawing comics.
He started with the story No Hay Domingos en el Infierno , published by a Spanish publisher. At the Festival International de la Bande Dessinée d'Angoulême he met Joann Sfar , with whom he created the series Les Potamoks (Delcourt, 1996–97) and Merlin (Delcourt, 1999–2002).
He has been working with the author Jean-David Morvan since 1999. That year they brought out Sir Pyle S. Culape. In 2002 Morvan took over the Merlin series from Sfar; Munuera and Morvan also created five Nävis albums. Between 2004 and 2006, they both made four new albums for the classic Spirou and Fantasio series , which they took over from Tome and Janry .
His series are in the style of André Franquin ( Gaston , Spirou and Fantasio ), Morris ( Lucky Luke ), Turk / Bob de Groot ( Robin aus dem Wald , Percy Pickwick ) or Raoul Cauvin / Willy Lambil ( The Blue Boys ).
All series appear in Germany at Carlsen Comics :
- The Potamoks (Joann Sfar / José Luis Munuera)
- Merlin (Joann Sfar / José Luis Munuera / José-Luis Morvan (since 2002))
- The Chronicles of Sillage (José Luis Morvan / José Luis Munuera / Philippe Buchet / Bengal)
- Nävis (Jean-David Morvan / José Luis Munuera)
- Spirou and Fantasio (Jean-David Morvan / José Luis Munuera, Vol. 45-48)
- The sign of the moon (Enrique Bonet / José Luis Munuera)
- Cyclotrope (offshoots of Spirou and Fantasio , so far 3 volumes)
- Literature by and about José Luis Munuera in the catalog of the German National Library
- Portrait on lambiek.net - English
- Blog - Spanish
- Interview with Jose Luis Munuera - English
|SURNAME||Munuera, José Luis|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Spanish comic artist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 21, 1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lorca|