John Kevin Wade was born in 1954 to Peter H. and Joan Kehoe Wade.
Wade attended Connecticut College in the early 1970s , where he was active in the theater company. Then he wanted to try his luck as an actor in the Big Apple from 1974 . Although he did not work as an actor for years and rather kept himself afloat with odd jobs, he made his breakthrough in off-Broadway theater in the late 1970s with leading roles in plays such as Hosanna and Woyzeck . In 1978 he had his first leading role in the film The Other Sister .
With Key Exchange , Wade first tried his hand at writing in 1981. After this play was successfully performed on Off-Broadway , a film version of his material was released in 1985. He then worked as a screenwriter on films such as The Arms of Women and The Price of Power . During the pre-production of Mr. Baseball , Wade was hired to make the film more suitable for the masses. So he partially rewrote Fred Schepisi's film and some scenes were defused. Wade also revised the script for the James Bond film Golden Eye , although he was not mentioned in the credits. In the following years he drew attention to himself with shallow cinema comedies about Junior and Manhattan Love Story . After developing the short-lived ABC series Cashmere Mafia in 2008 , Wade has been working as a screenwriter for the CBS crime series Blue Bloods - Crime Scene New York since 2011 .
From 1983 to 1990, Wade was married to Polly Draper . Since 1991 he has been married to Alexandra "Sasha" Clifton Wade for the second time.
- 1978: The other sister (Scenic Route)
- 1979: Imposters
- 1988: Working Girl (Working Girl)
- 1991: The Price of Power (True Colors)
- 1992: Mr. Baseball
- 1994: Junior
- 1998: Rendezvous with Joe Black (Meet Joe Black)
- 2002: Manhattan Love Story
- 2008: Cashmere Mafia (TV series, creator)
- 2011–2019: Blue Bloods - Crime Scene New York ( Blue Bloods , TV series, 21 episodes)
- 1979: Hosanna (Playhouse 46, New York)
- 1979: Woyzeck (The Production Company)
- 2011: Angelina Ballerina (Union Square Theater, New York)
- 1981: Key Exchange (Orpheum Theater, New York)
- 1985: Cruise Control (WPA Theater, New York)
- Kevin Wade in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Kevin Wade in the Internet Off-Broadway Database (English)
- J. K. Wade Wed To Miss Clifton . In: The New York Times, Nov. 24, 1991, p. 66.
- Douglas C. McGill: 'Acting Gave Me the Self-Confidence to Write Dialogue' . In: The New York Times, Aug. 23, 1981, Section 2, p. 4.
- Press Release. Short biography of Kevin Wade. In: conncoll.edu. October 28, 2004, archived from the original on July 31, 2012 ; accessed on May 29, 2016 .
- The SandC Interview: Fred Schepisi Director Mr. Baseball ( Memento of the original from June 10, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. on sportandcinema.com on September 23, 2010 ( English ), accessed on March 22, 2011
- Production Notes - GoldenEye. In: mi6-hq.com. Retrieved May 29, 2016 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Wade, John Kevin|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American screenwriter and actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 9, 1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Chappaqua , New York , United States|