A Konvikt (from Latin convivere ; both convictus, -us m. As well as convictio, -onis f. Community, living together), German study house or monastery , is called the monastery life modeled on, mostly based on old foundations or maintained from public funds Institutes for schoolchildren or students in the church sector, with accommodation and common house rules . The difference to profane homes is in particular the pastoral care offered in the Konvikt .
Historically speaking, the Konvikten are successor organizations to the Burses .
A Konvikt is connected to the respective regional church or the diocese and the nearby theological faculty . It is intended as a course-accompanying training facility for prospective pastors and teachers . Convicts are partly open to Christian students from other fields and denominations. The theologian convict is an affiliated church home, in which, depending on the denomination, candidates for the office of Protestant pastor or Roman Catholic priest are trained.
- Catholic Convicts in German-speaking countries:
- Collegium Albertinum , Archdiocese of Cologne
- Collegium Leoninum , Archdiocese of Paderborn
- Collegium Ambrosianum , former late career seminar of the Diocese of Rottenburg-Stuttgart , today theological-propaedeutic seminar
- Collegium Borromaeum , Archdiocese of Freiburg
- College St. Josef Ehingen , grammar school konvikt with study center of the diocese Rottenburg-Stuttgart
- Paulushaus (formerly: Collegium Leoninum ) in Bonn, Diocese of Aachen
- Borromaeum seminary , Konvikt and seminar of the diocese of Münster
- Wilhelmsstift , theological convict of the diocese of Rottenburg-Stuttgart in Tübingen with the attached Wilhelmsstift library
- Canisianum in Innsbruck
- Pauluskolleg , a convict for prospective community officers in Paderborn
- Dr.-Maria-Reinartz-Haus (Kolleg) Mainz , a Konvikt for prospective community officers in Mainz
- Evangelical Convicts in German-speaking countries:
- Adolf Clarenbach House (Goebenstift), Bonn
- Albrecht Bengel House , Tübingen
- Evangelisches Konvikt Halle - Study house of the Evangelical Church in Central Germany (formerly the Church Province of Saxony ) in the Francke Foundations
- Reformed Convict Halle - ecclesiastical foundation in the middle of Halle city center
- Silesian Konvikt
- Evangelical monastery in Tübingen
- Johanneum Foundation , Evangelical-theological Konvikt as a free foundation in Berlin
- Theological Konvikt Berlin
- Greifswald Theological Study House
Schulkonvikte are in the past, mostly in regular schools or boarding schools or students hoards been converted.
- Bischöfliches Gymnasialkonvikt Rottweil , Diocese Rottenburg-Stuttgart: Here pupils with secondary school leaving certificate can attend the advanced Latin course in which they learn the languages Latin and ancient Greek in one year.
- Konvikt of the Zwettler Boys' Choir in Zwettl Abbey
- In the Stiftsgymnasium Kremsmünster the traditional boarding school was closed in 2013 and is still run as a day care center today.
- The Konvikt Stift Melk is no longer occupied today, other boarding schools of public schools are only known colloquially as "Konvikt".
- The Konvikt in St. Paul im Lavanttal is part of the collegiate high school of the Benedictines. This is where the lower level of the grammar school is housed. The Konvikt used to be a boarding school, today it is only a regular general secondary school (AHS).
- Konvikt of the canton school in Chur
- Konvikt of the pedagogical high school in Kreuzlingen
Language Convicts are institutions of the Protestant regional churches or Catholic dioceses at which the ancient languages (ancient Greek, Hebrew, Latin) are learned and researched.
- St. Josef College in Ehingen on the Danube , Diocese of Rottenburg-Stuttgart
- Konvikt Rottweil in Rottweil , Diocese of Rottenburg-Stuttgart
- ↑ Archived copy ( memento of the original from March 23, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.