Live and act
In 1960 he married Countess Freda Finck von Finckenstein (1925–2013), with whom he had two children. Lothar Perlitt was in 1962 with a history of research work on Wilhelm Vatke and Julius Wellhausen Doctor of Protestant theology doctorate and spent several years at the Church University Berlin operates.
In 1969 he completed his habilitation at the University of Heidelberg with the thesis Federal Theology in the Old Testament . From 1975 until his retirement in 1995, Perlitt held a professorship for the Old Testament at the theological faculty of the University of Göttingen . During his time in Göttingen, there was an attack on his office at the university that has not yet been clarified, in which numerous engravings by the great Old Testament scholars were destroyed in the room.
In 1980 he took over the office of abbot of the Bursfelde monastery for 20 years , until Joachim Ringleben succeeded him in 2000 . In 1982 he was elected a full member of the Göttingen Academy of Sciences .
In addition to interests in research history, Deuteronomy is the focus of Perlitt's exegetical work. In addition, he has commented on the prophets Nahum , Habakuk and Zefanja for the series “Old Testament German”. Aside from specialist theses in the narrower sense, Perlitt is interested in questions relating to religion and literature, especially in the work of Gottfried Benn , on which he has also commented in smaller contributions.
a) own work
- Vatke and Wellhausen. Historical-philosophical prerequisites and historiographical motifs for the representation of the religion and history of Israel by Wilhelm Vatke and Julius Wellhausen. In: Supplements to the Journal for Old Testament Science . 94, Berlin 1965, OCLC 610696550 .
- Federal theology in the Old Testament. Neukirchener Verlag, Neukirchen-Vluyn 1969, series: Scientific monographs on the Old and New Testament. Volume 36, also habilitation thesis University of Heidelberg, ISBN 3-7887-0002-5 .
- The father in the Old Testament. In: Hubertus Tellenbach (ed.): The father image in myth and history: Egypt, Greece, Old Testament, New Testament. Kohlhammer Verlag, Mainz 1976, ISBN 3-17-002645-3 , pp. 50-101.
- Deuteronomy Studies. In: FAT. 8, Tübingen 1994.
- Alone with the word. In: H. Spieckermann (ed.): Theological studies. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1995, ISBN 3-525-53634-8 (for the 65th birthday).
- Deuteronomy. In: BK. V, 6 deliveries, Neukirchen-Vluyn 1990–2011. (incomplete)
- Luther's interpretation of Deuteronomy. In: Chr. Bultmann, et al. (Ed.): Verification of the Old Testament. Contributions to Biblical Hermeneutics. Commemorative publication for R. Smend on his 70th birthday. Göttingen 2002, ISBN 3-525-53621-6 , pp. 211-225.
- Handel's Saul: text and source. In: U. Konrad, among other things (Hrsg.): Musical sources - sources for music history. Festschrift for M. Staehelin on his 65th birthday. Göttingen 2002, ISBN 3-525-27820-9 , pp. 287-298.
- The prophets Nahum, Habakuk, Zephanja (= The Old Testament German . Volume 25.1). Vandenhoeck and Ruprecht, Göttingen 2004, ISBN 3-525-51228-7 .
b) as editor
- (together with J. Jeremias) The message and the messengers. Festschrift for HW Wolff on his 70th birthday. Neukirchen-Vluyn 1981.
- 900 years Bursfelde Monastery. Speeches and lectures for the 1993 anniversary. Göttingen 1994.
- Rainer Bürgel, Jürgen Jeziorowski, Rolf Koppe (eds.): Who is where in the Protestant Church? People and functions. EKD, Hannover 1989, ISBN 3-7859-0576-9 .
- Reinhard Gregor Kratz , Hermann Spieckermann (Hrsg.): Love and command. Studies on Deuteronomy. Festschrift for Lothar Perlitt on his 70th birthday. (= Research on the religion and literature of the Old and New Testaments. 190). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2000, ISBN 3-525-53874-X .
- Literature by and about Lothar Perlitt in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page no longer available , search in web archives: Obituary for Perlitt of the University of Göttingen ) (
- Freda Perlittnotice. In: Göttinger Tageblatt . February 8, 2013, accessed July 7, 2014.
- “An attack on his office at the University of Göttingen, which has not yet been clarified, struck him in the marrow, in which all the engravings by the great Old Testament scholars were destroyed”, in: Heike Schmoll: Lothar Perlitt died. In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. November 1, 2012, p. 4.
- Smend, R .: Obituary for Lothar Perlitt . In: Yearbook of the Göttingen Academy of Sciences . No. 2013.1 , 2014, p. 193 .
- addition to the dissertation and the article on Luther's interpretation of Deuteronomy mentioned in the bibliography, cf. the article: Heinrich Ewald : Der Gelehre in der Politik. In: Alone with the word. Pp. 263-312.
- See the essays: Hidden and revealed God. Gottfried Benn before the question of God. In: Alone with the word. Pp. 315-332; and The prehistory in the work of Gottfried Benn. In: Alone with the word. Pp. 333-360.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Lutheran theologian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 2, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 25, 2012|
|Place of death||Goettingen|