Marc Bauder studied business administration in Cologne, St. Gallen and New York from 1996 to 2001 . During his studies, he founded the production company bauderfilm in Cologne in 1999 together with Dörte Franke . His first full-length documentary film was Keine verlorene Zeit (2000) about a circle of friends in Leipzig, which was targeted by the Stasi in the 1970s .
In 2001, Bauder began studying directing at the Babelsberg Film University, then still called the Film and Television Academy. Bauderfilm also moved to Berlin. This is where the TV documentary "grow or go" - The Architects of the Global Village was made . After completing his studies, he and Dörte Franke made his second documentary about the political fate of the former GDR : Everyone is silent about something else , which was shown in the Panorama of the Berlinale in 2006 . Bauer's feature film debut The System - Understanding Everything Means Forgiving Everything (2011) is dedicated to Stasi material.
With the documentary Master of the Universe , about the financial crisis from the point of view of the banker Rainer Voss , Bauder won the European Film Prize in 2014 . In the same year, the film was also nominated for the German Film Prize as the best full-length documentary film.
In 2014, based on an idea by Marc and his brother Christopher Bauder, the light limit project was implemented on the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall . For this, the brothers received the Order of Merit of the State of Berlin in 2015 .
- 2000: No wasted time (documentary)
- 2003: Grow or Go - The Architecture of the Global Village (documentary)
- 2006: Everyone is silent about something else (documentary)
- 2006: The Communist (documentary) - about Ernest Kaltenegger
- 2007: People up close : The main thing is work - the top manager (documentary)
- 2010: After the Revolution (Documentary)
- 2011: The system - understanding everything means forgiving everything (feature film)
- 2013: Master of the Universe (documentary)
- 2014: pieces of the wall (film collage for the art installation light limit )
- 2016: Dead Man Working (feature film)
- 2014 European Film Award for Master of the Universe
- 2017 Grimme Prize for Dead Man Working
- Marc Bauder at filmportal.de
- Everyone is silent about something else. Berlinale , accessed on March 30, 2019 .
- 53rd Grimme Prize 2017 - The price decisions. Grimme Institute , accessed March 30, 2019 .
- Marc Bauder filmography. German Film Academy , accessed March 30, 2019 .
- Marc Bauder. European Film Academy , accessed March 30, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German film director and film producer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 21, 1974|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart|