Frisina was a late-career worker and initially studied music at the Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia , from which he graduated in 1979. In 1978 Frisina began to study theology at the Pontifical Gregorian University. The course was completed on April 24, 1982 with his ordination as a Roman Catholic priest. In Rome he is regarded as a specialist in sacred scripture and canon law .
In 1985 Pope John Paul II appointed him Kapellmeister of the Lateran Basilica . In this role, Frisina founded the Coro della diocesi di Roma in the mid-1980s , a choir that mostly accepts young people and promotes the liturgy .
In 1991 Radiotelevisione Italiana approached Frisina and was able to win over the priest for her dedicated television project The Bible . From 1993 to 1997 Frisina composed the music for six of the 10 feature films that deal with the Old Testament . He was supported by the well-known music composer Ennio Morricone . In 1995 he was awarded the Cable Ace Award for his composition of The Bible - Joseph . Frisina was also involved in the project as a theological advisor.
Frisina, who has since composed for several Italian television films whose central concern is the spread of the Christian faith, also composed liturgical songs, more than 120 of which are available on CD in Italy. The best-known song by Marco Frisina is "Jesus Christ, You Are My Life", which is also sung by the faithful on World Youth Days and international altar pilgrimages , most recently on the international altar server pilgrimage to Rome in 2010 . At the same time he wrote for John Paul II but also for his successor in office, Benedict XVI. , some oratorios . In 2007 he composed the opera “La Divina Commedia” based on the literary masterpiece by Dante Alighieri .
- 1993: The Bible - Abraham ( Abraham )
- 1994: The Bible - Jacob ( Jacob )
- 1995: The Bible - Joseph ( Joseph )
- 1995: The Bible - Moses ( Moses )
- 1996: The Bible - Samson and Delilah ( Samson ad Delilah )
- 2000: Jesus Legends - Joseph of Nazareth ( Gli Amici Di Gesu - Giuseppe di Nazareth )
- 2001: Jesus Legends - Maria Magdalena ( Maria Maddalena )
- 2001: Jesus Legends - Judas ( Giuda )
- 2001: Jesus Legends - Thomas ( Tommaso )
- 2002: The Bible - The Apocalypse ( San Giovanni - L'apocalisse )
- 2002: A Life for Peace - Pope John XXIII. (Papa Giovanni - Ioannes XXIII)
- 2006: Papa Luciani - Il sorriso di Dio
- 2006: Pope John Paul II ( Pope John Paul II )
- 2007: Pompeii
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Frisina, Marco Msgr.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian music composer and clergyman|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 16, 1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rome|