Marion Brigitta Kiechle (formerly Kiechle-Schwarz ; born April 4, 1960 in Oberkirch ) is a German doctor and politician ( CSU ). Since October 2000 she has been director of the gynecological clinic at the Klinikum rechts der Isar at the Technical University of Munich and holds the chair for gynecology . From March 21, 2018 to November 12, 2018 she was Bavarian State Minister for Science and Art .
After graduating from high school in 1979 at the girls' grammar school at the Kloster Unser Lieben Frau in Offenburg, Kiechle studied human medicine at the Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg and obtained his license to practice medicine in 1986 . She did her PhD on the detection and characterization of EGF-like factors in ovarian cancer . After various research projects, she completed her habilitation in 1995 at Albrecht Pfleiderer in Freiburg on the importance of tumor cytogenetics using the example of gynecological neoplasias . She then worked as a senior physician at the Freiburg University Medical Center . In 1996 she moved to the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel as a senior physician , later a senior senior physician in the women's clinic there. In December 1999 he was offered a full C4 Ordinaria at the Technical University of Munich. She was the first woman in Germany to hold a gynecology chair. In 2014 she was accepted into the Leopoldina .
On March 21, 2018, Markus Söder appointed her to his cabinet as Bavarian Science Minister . Kiechle is chairwoman of the Bavarian Bioethics Commission and deputy chairwoman of the Central Ethics Commission for Stem Cell Research. Initially independent, she joined the CSU in April 2018 and on the 21st of the same month was placed 5th on the district list of Upper Bavaria for the state election in Bavaria 2018 . After the end of the legislature in November 2018, she left the government and returned to the Technical University of Munich.
Since April 2010 she is married to the television journalist and sports commentator Marcel Reif for the fourth time .
- with Ingrid Gerhard: Integrative gynecology. Conventional and complementary therapy . Urban & Fischer Verlag, Munich / Jena 2005, ISBN 978-3-437-56260-0 .
- with Julie Gorkow: younger every day. Everything about our cells' amazing ability to reverse the aging process . Heyne, Munich 2017, ISBN 978-3-453-20147-7 .
- Publication list at PubMed
- Literature by and about Marion Kiechle in the catalog of the German National Library
- Marion Kiechle on the website of the Technical University of Munich
- Sueddeutsche Zeitung December 15, 2018: The quick fall of Minister Kiechle
- Member of Marion Kiechle (with picture and CV) at the German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina , accessed on June 7, 2016.
- Good place for Spaenle on the CSU state parliament list. In: OVB online. April 20, 2018. Retrieved April 21, 2018 .
- cf. Süddeutsche Zeitung of November 13, 2018 
- http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inhalt.sky-kommentator-im-auto-bepoebelt-bei-dortmund-schalke-fan-attacke-auf-marcel-reif.1edc91f1-0c9f-4f0b-a7f2-e0862adf2345 .html
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Kiechle, Marion Brigitta; Kiechle-Schwarz, Marion (former name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German gynecologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 4th 1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Oberkirch (Baden)|