Tietke grew up in Saxony-Anhalt , trained as a cabinet maker in Thuringia and worked in various professions. He refused military service and was therefore used as a construction soldier in Prora on the island of Rügen to build the Mukran ferry port . He has lived in Berlin since 1987 . Enrollment at the Leipzig Literature Institute was withdrawn at the instigation of the State Security . Nevertheless, there were publications, in 1988 the story Burial was printed in ndl .
After the end of the GDR he published various texts in newspapers and magazines, he went on long-distance trips, especially to India, and exhibited photos from these trips. From 1994 to 1998 he trained as a yoga teacher in the professional association of yoga teachers in Germany (BDY) / European Yoga Union (EYU). Since then he has also published on the subject of yoga . In September 2011, his study Yoga under National Socialism was published, in which the claim that Hitler and the National Socialists had forbidden yoga is comprehensively refuted. At the same time it is shown that leading National Socialists such as Alfred Rosenberg and the Reichsführer SS Heinrich Himmler dealt with Indian philosophy and some aspects of yoga and integrated this into their ideology.
2013 appeared controversial with yoga. Ten Popular Misconceptions Regarding Yoga A critical examination of the undesirable developments within the yoga scene and the errors and clichés in relation to yoga. In 2014 Tietke published the study Yoga in the GDR, for which he received the research award of the “Society for Meditation and Meditation Research” (SMMR) in November 2015.
- Yoga for the bathroom and toilet. Cartoons from TOM. Eichborn, Frankfurt / Main 2000, ISBN 3-8218-3570-2 .
- Yoga. More relaxation, energy and joie de vivre. Compact, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-8174-5580-1 .
- The family tree of yoga. 5000 years of yoga. Tradition and modernity. Theseus, Berlin 2007, ISBN 978-3-89620-199-7 .
- Yoga in its diversity. Interviews with teachers. Theseus, Stuttgart 2008, ISBN 978-3-7831-9537-8 .
- Yoga under National Socialism. Concepts, contrasts, consequences. Ludwig, Kiel 2011, ISBN 978-3-86935-013-4 .
- Yoga controversial. Ten Popular Misconceptions About Yoga. Phenomenon, Hamburg 2013, ISBN 978-84-941609-0-5 .
- Yoga in the GDR - outlawed, tolerated, funded: Includes: Yoga in the Eastern Bloc and in Soviet space travel. Ludwig, Kiel 2014, ISBN 978-3-86935-217-6 .
- Wittenberg. The 99 special sides of the city. Mitteldeutscher Verlag, Halle 2015, ISBN 978-3954624140 .
- Beer from the market fountain. Wittenberg in the 60s and 70s. Drei Kastanien Verlag, Wittenberg 2016, ISBN 978-3-942005-60-9 .
- Wittenberg cemeteries. History, design, tombs. Tredition Verlag, Hamburg 2017, ISBN 978-3-7439-2126-9 .
- Wittenberg. Everything except Luther. Landscape, architecture, technology, art. Mitteldeutscher Verlag, Halle 2018, ISBN 978-3-95462-895-7 .
- Wittenberg in transition. The 1980s and the turning point. Tredition Verlag, Hamburg 2019, ISBN 978-3-7482-1508-0 .
- Else Hertzer - The versatile one. Kunsthaus Apolda Avantgarde, Apolda 2019, ISBN 978-3-9817420-7-7 (introduction).
- Lost Places Wittenberg - 20 lost or hidden places, buildings and works of art. Tredition Verlag, Hamburg 2020, ISBN 978-3-7469-2095-5 .
- Literature by and about Mathias Tietke in the catalog of the German National Library
- Mathias Tietke's website
- Video: Interview on the book Yoga under National Socialism on YouTube
- new german literature. Issue 11.
- Torsten Harmsen : Research project: Sun salutation under the swastika. In: fr-online.de . February 18, 2012, accessed July 17, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wittenberg|