education and profession
Grunst first completed an apprenticeship as a commercial clerk in industry, which he completed in 1988. In August 1988 he was called up to the officers' college of the border troops . In addition to being credited as basic military service, the training should serve to obtain the university entrance qualification. Grunst left the officers' college in April 1990.
From May 1990 to 1992 Grunst worked at Druckhaus Friedrichshain and then completed a course to become a mathematical-technical assistant. In 1995 he began a dual course of study at the University of Applied Sciences for Administration and Justice , which he completed with a degree in administration.
Grunst then held various positions in the Berlin administration and in 2003 became Heidi Knake-Werner's (Die Linke) personal advisor at the Berlin Senate Department for Health, Social Affairs and Consumer Protection . After his promotion to the higher administrative service, Michael Grunst became head of the public order office in the Treptow-Köpenick district at the end of 2012 . In January 2015 the district council elected him to the city council for youth and public order. Grunst has been the district mayor of Lichtenberg since December 16, 2016.
Grunst repeatedly positioned himself for a clear relationship to political oppression in the GDR. In 2006, for example, he announced that he would support memorial plaques on which the phrase “forty years of communist dictatorship in East Germany” demanded by Hubertus Knabe can be found. However, this action has not happened so far (February 2019).
Grunst takes a position on anti-Israel sentiments in the party Die Linke. In several letters to Oskar Lafontaine and Gregor Gysi , Grunst expressed his “great concern” about “anti-Israeli statements” from the ranks of the party.
- District Mayor Michael Grunst (Die Linke). February 27, 2017. Retrieved May 14, 2017 .
- District Mayor Michael Grunst (DIE LINKE). on www.berlin.de
- District Mayor Michael Grunst (DIE LINKE). February 27, 2017. Retrieved May 14, 2017 .
- www.rbb-online.de: Lichtenberger Linke sends Michael Grunst into the race, from November 18, 2016, accessed on January 8, 2017
- Ingo Rössling: New provocation of the Stasi. Retrieved May 14, 2017 .
- No special memorial plaques according to internet research from February 13, 2019; they were only supposed to accompany the Stasi sacrificial site in Hohenschönhausen.
- Left Party - new provocation by the Stasi
- Jewish News: Hamas in the Bundestag. Retrieved May 14, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German local politician (Die Linke), district mayor of Berlin-Lichtenberg|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 13, 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Plauen|