Stulz took lessons at the Drummers Collective in New York City in 1998 and then studied at the Lucerne School of Music until 2003 . From 2004 he continued his studies at the Jazz School Freiburg. This was followed by a six-month stay in West Africa with lessons and concerts. As part of his studies and in workshops, he had lessons with Jamey Haddad , Peter O'Mara , Mark Turner , Jim Black , Simon Nabatov , Maria Schneider , Kurt Rosenwinkel , Pierre Favre , Norbert Pfammatter , Fabian Kuratli ,Nat Su , Mark Soskin and Heiri Känzig .
From the early 2000s, Stulz worked in the Swiss jazz scene a. a. with Christoph Irniger , Dave Gisler , Luca Sisera ( prospectus , 2015), Franz Hellmüller , Alex Hendriksen , Oliver Friedli , Tobias Preisig , Jochen Baldes , Houry Dora Apartian and Stefan Aeby . In the field of jazz he was involved in 23 recording sessions between 2001 and 2015.
- H2S2: Dance in Town (Meta, 2008), with Luca Sisera, Franz Hellmüller, Alex Hendriksen
- Humour's Humidity: Prosit Prosa ( Unit , 2009), with Oliver Roth , Reto Staub , Martin Wyss
- Christoph Irniger Pilgrim: Italian Circus Story ( Intakt Records , 2014)
- Stefan Aeby Trio: To the Light (Intakt, 2016), with André Pousaz
- Luca Sisera Roofer Feat. Alexey Kruglov : Moscow Files ( Leo , 2017), with Michael Jaeger, Yves Theiler
- Tom Lord : The Jazz Discography (online, accessed January 5, 2018)
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Stulz, Michael (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss jazz musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1977|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Basel|