View of the city of Reyes
- population density
|13,246 population (2012 census)
1 population / km²
Climate diagram Rurrenabaque
Location in the vicinity
The municipality Reyes is one of four municipalities in the province of Ballivián and is located in the north-western part of the province. It borders on the Pando Department to the west, the Rurrenabaque municipality to the south, the San Borja municipality to the southeast, the Santa Rosa de Yacuma municipality to the east , and the Vaca Díez province to the north .
The largest town and administrative center in the municipality is the city of Reyes with 7,202 inhabitants ( 2012 census ) in the southwestern part of the municipality.
The mean average temperature of the region is 26 ° C (see climate diagram Rurrenabaque) and fluctuates only slightly between 23 ° C in June and July and a good 27 ° C from October to December. The annual precipitation is almost 2000 mm, with a pronounced rainy season from December to March with 200-300 mm monthly precipitation and the lowest monthly values just under 100 mm from July to September.
The population in the municipality of Reyes has more than doubled in the last two decades:
- 1992 : 6,892 inhabitants ( census )
- 2001 : 11,127 inhabitants (census)
- 2012 : 13,246 inhabitants (census)
The population density of the municipality at the 2012 census was 1.1 inhabitants / km², the proportion of the urban population is 54.4 percent. The life expectancy of newborns in 2001 was 66.3 years.
The literacy rate among those over 19 is 84.5 percent, namely 86.4 percent for men and 82.0 percent for women (2001) .
Results of the elections for the municipal council ( concejales del municipio ) in the regional elections on April 4, 2010:
|valid votes||PRIMERO||NACER||MAS-IPSP||MNR -PUEBLO|
The municipality was in the census in 2012 of two cantons ( cantones ):
- Canton Reyes - 92 localities - 12.093 inhabitants ( 2001 : 9.286 inhabitants)
- Canton Cavinas - 9 villages - 1,153 inhabitants ( 2001 : 1,841 inhabitants)
Localities in the municipality of Reyes
- Canton of Reyes
- Reyes 7,202 pop.
- Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE) 1992
- Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE) 2001
- Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE) 2012 ( Memento of the original of July 22, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Acta de computo Nacional Electoral Departamentales, Municipales y Regional 2010
- Municipio Reyes - General Maps No. 80301
- Municipio Reyes - detailed map and population data (PDF; 2.89 MB) (Spanish)
- Departamento Beni - social data of the provinces and municipalities ( Spanish ) (PDF; 3.82 MB)