Norbert Ehrhardt studied at the University of Hamburg and was there in 1982 with a thesis on Miletus and its colonies. Comparative study of cultural and political institutions under Peter Herrmann's doctorate. Ehrhardt was awarded a half travel grant from the German Archaeological Institute for his doctoral thesis in 1983/84 . He then became Peter Weiss' assistant . The habilitation followed in 1989 with the thesis Tradition and Reality. Studies on interstate wars in archaic and early classical Greece at the University of Kiel . The work remained unpublished. In 1993 he was appointed to the C3 professorship for Ancient History at the University of Münster as the successor to Ruth Altheim-Stiehl , where he taught until his retirement at the end of March 2017. He was succeeded by Patrick Sänger .
- Miletus and its colonies. Comparative study of the cultural and political institutions (= European university publications. Series 3: History and its auxiliary sciences. Volume 206). Peter Lang, Frankfurt am Main / Bern / New York 1983, ISBN 3-8204-7876-0 .
- Editor with Linda-Marie Günther : Resistance - Adaptation - Integration. The Greek world and Rome. Festschrift for Jürgen Deininger on his 65th birthday. Franz Steiner, Stuttgart 2002, ISBN 3-515-07911-4 .
- with Peter Herrmann and Wolfgang Günther : Inscriptions from Miletus. Part 3: Inscriptions n. 1020–1580 (= Miletus. Results of excavations and investigations since 1899. Volume 6, part 3). Walter de Gruyter, Berlin / New York 2006, ISBN 978-3-11-018966-7 .
- Editor with Eva Herrmann: Letters from the archaeological-epigraphic scholarship trip in 1955/56 in the countries of the Mediterranean region (= sources and research on the ancient world. Volume 54). Utz, Munich 2008, ISBN 978-3-8316-0807-2 .
- Editor with Henning Börm and Josef Wiesehöfer : Monumentum et instrumentum inscriptum. Inscribed objects from the imperial era and late antiquity as historical evidence. Franz Steiner, Stuttgart 2008, ISBN 978-3-515-09239-5
- Literature by and about Norbert Ehrhardt in the catalog of the German National Library
- Ehrhardt on the website of the University of Münster
- Ehrhardt at the research database of the University of Münster.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German ancient historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 26, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|