|Map of the Pante Makassar Administrative Office|
|Administrative office||Pante Macassar|
Nunuheu ( Noenoe Heno , Nuno-Heno , Nuno-Eno , Nunheno ) is a place in the East Timorese exclave Oe-Cusse Ambeno in the western part of Timor . From 1936 until shortly after the Second World War the place was called Valverde .
Nunuheu is located in the Suco Cunha of the administrative office Pante Macassar , at an altitude of . It is located on the west bank of the Tonos , the largest river of Oe-Cusse Ambeno, which is sometimes also called "Nunuheu". Opposite the Abanal flows into the Tono. A junction of the overland road from Pante Macassar to Bobometo leads into Nunuheu and on to Nitibe in the west.
In May 1912 the ruler of Ambeno rebelled. All Portuguese in the empire who were not church members were brought to the seat of government by João da Cruz , Usif of Ambeno, and executed. The gunboat Pátria brought African soldiers and 150 Moradores stationed in Timor under the command of Capitão Pimenta de Castro to Ambeno. The rebellion was put down. João da Cruz fled to the Dutch part of Timor and Nunuheu lost his status as the seat of the ruler of Ambeno. João da Cruz's relatives, newly appointed by the Portuguese, settled in Tulaica . In addition, the kingdom of Ambeno was now finally subordinated to the kingdom of Oe-Cusse and Hugo da Costa.
The ruins of the Portuguese Mission in Nunuheu are now the meeting point of the traditional rulers of Oe-Cusse for negotiations.
- Geoffrey C. Gunn: History of Timor. ( PDF file available from Centro de Estudos sobre África, Ásia e América Latina , CEsA of the TU Lisbon ; 805 kB; accessed on June 18, 2014).
- Hans Hägerdal: Lords of the Land, Lords of the Sea; Conflict and Adaptation in Early Colonial Timor, 1600–1800, 2012.
- Laura Suzanne Meitzner Yoder: Custom, Codification, Collaboration: Integrating the Legacies of Land and Forest Authorities in Oecusse Enclave, East Timor. Dissertation, Yale University, 2005 ( PDF file; 1.46 MB ( memento of March 7, 2007 in the Internet Archive )).
- Boletim Oficial, XXXVII Ano - Numero 21, Govêrno Colonial, Diploma Legislativo N ° 85, May 27, 1936.
- Fallingrain.com: Directory of Cities, Towns, and Regions in East Timor
- Timor-Leste GIS-Portal ( Memento from June 30, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- Laura SM Yoder: Custom, Codification, Collaboration:…. 2005, p. 58.
- Laura SM Yoder: Custom, Codification, Collaboration:…. 2005, p. 124.
- Hans Hägerdal: Lords of the Land, Lords of the Sea…. 2012, p. 151.
- Laura SM Yoder: Custom, Codification, Collaboration:…. 2005, p. 98.
- Geoffrey C. Gunn: History of Timor , pp. 95 & 98.
- Laura SM Yoder: Custom, Codification, Collaboration:…. 2005, p. 97.