Otto von Gehren
Otto von Gehren was a son of the Hessian government procurator and public prosecutor Henrich Otto von Gehren (1766–1843) and his wife Amalia nee. from Vulpius. He was married to Wilhelmine geb. von Gehren, an adopted daughter of the Grand Ducal Hessian Colonel Bernhard von Gehren in Darmstadt . He was the father of Reinhard von Gehren and Philipp von Gehren (1868–1931), district administrator in the Goldap district , East Prussia .
Gehren first studied medicine , then law and camera science at the Philipps University of Marburg . In 1839 he became active in the Corps Hassia Marburg . In 1843 he became a trainee lawyer with the local government and in 1850 provisional second administrative officer at the Kirchhain administrative office . In 1852 he came to the Marburg District Office as an assessor . In 1854 he became district secretary in Schlüchtern . Since 1861 assessor at the Kassel police department , he became district administrator in the Ziegenhain district (1863), the Frankenberg district (1866) and the Homberg district (1868). With the character of a Privy Councilor, he retired on October 1, 1895.
Otto von Gehren was a member of the Prussian House of Representatives from 1879 to 1888 . From 1881 to 1890 he sat in the Reichstag (German Empire) . The city of Homberg (Efze) made him an honorary citizen .
- List of corps students in the Prussian House of Representatives
- List of members of the Reichstag of the German Empire (5th electoral term)
- List of members of the Reichstag of the German Empire (6th electoral term)
- List of members of the Reichstag of the German Empire (7th electoral term)
- List of corps students in the Reichstag of the German Empire
- Corp panel of Hasso-Nassovia in Marburg . Bad Ems, Diez, Limburg 1959, p. 51.
- Otto von Gehren in the database of members of the Reichstag
- Biography of Otto von Gehren . In: Heinrich Best : database of the members of the Reichstag of the Empire 1867/71 to 1918 (Biorab - Kaiserreich)
- Gehren, Otto Hugo August Christian von. Hessian biography. (As of October 22, 2019). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Kösener Corpslisten 1960, 99/12
- Mann, Bernhard (edit.): Biographical manual for the Prussian House of Representatives. 1867-1918 . Collaboration with Martin Doerry , Cornelia Rauh and Thomas Kühne . Düsseldorf: Droste Verlag, 1988, p. 141 (handbooks on the history of parliamentarism and political parties: vol. 3); for the election results see Thomas Kühne: Handbook of elections to the Prussian House of Representatives 1867–1918. Election results, election alliances and election candidates (= handbooks on the history of parliamentarism and political parties. Volume 6). Droste, Düsseldorf 1994, ISBN 3-7700-5182-3 , pp. 654-656.
|SURNAME||Gehren, Otto von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Gehren, Otto Hugo August Christian von (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German administrative lawyer, MdHdA, MdR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 10, 1817|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Marburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 15, 1896|
|Place of death||kassel|