District of Rheinhessen-Pfalz
|District of Rheinhessen-Pfalz|
|Administrative headquarters||Neustadt an der Weinstrasse|
|Number of municipalities||637 (1995)|
|surface||6,851.42 km² (1995)|
|Population density||289 inhabitants / km²|
|Location of the administrative district Rheinhessen-Pfalz in Rhineland-Palatinate|
The administrative district Rheinhessen-Pfalz was from 1968 to the end of 1999 one of the three administrative districts of Rhineland-Palatinate , located in the south of the country. It was created through the unification of the administrative districts of Rheinhessen (seat in Mainz ) established in 1946 when the state of Rhineland-Palatinate was formed - on the left the Rhenish area formerly part of the Grand Duchy or People's State of Hesse - and the Palatinate (seat in Neustadt an der Weinstrasse) - the former Palatinate ( Bavaria) .
With the restructuring of the state administration on January 1, 2000, the administrative districts in Rhineland-Palatinate were dissolved and the district governments were transferred to the Supervision and Service Directorate (ADD) or Structure and Approval Directorate (SGD) North and South , which are now responsible for certain areas of responsibility and are no longer responsible for all tasks within their previous district. Your geographical responsibilities therefore also partially extend to the whole country. The narrower area of responsibility of SGD Süd corresponds to the area of the former administrative district of Rheinhessen-Pfalz.
Former administrative structure 1999
|Counties||One district cities|
- Supervision and Service Directorate (ADD)
- Structure and Approval Directorate (SGD) North
- Structure and Approval Directorate (SGD) South
- Klaus Kremb, Peter Lautzas (Hrsg.): Administrative region Rheinhessen-Pfalz (= Association of the history teachers of Germany [Hrsg.]: Landesgeschichtlicher Excursionsführer Rheinland-Pfalz . Volume 1 ). 2nd Edition. Verlag Arbogast, Otterbach 1990, ISBN 3-87022-132-1 (309 pages).
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistische Bände . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 144 (PDF; 2.8 MB).