Reinhard C. Heinisch
Reinhard Heinisch grew up in Villach . After graduating from the Peraugymnasium in Villach in 1981 , he began studying political science at the University of Vienna in 1983.In 1986 he went to the United States on a Fulbright scholarship , where he studied at Virginia Tech in 1987 as a Master of Arts and in 1994 at the Michigan State University as a Ph.D. completed.
He then moved to the University of Pittsburgh , where he was Professor of Political Science and Director of the Department of International Studies. Since September 2009 he has been Professor of Austrian Politics from a Comparative European Perspective and Head of the Political Science Department at the University of Salzburg . Together with Andreas Dür, he followed Herbert Dachs and Klaus Faupel.
In his academic work, Heinisch deals, among other things, with questions of Austrian politics in a European context, comparative populism research and comparative labor market policy. Heinisch is co-founder and academic director of the Summer University Carinthia and was chairman of the Austrian Society for Political Science in 2016/17 .
- 2017: Science Prize of the Margaretha Lupac Foundation of the Austrian Parliament
- 2002: Populism, Proporz, and Pariah. Austria Turns Right: Austrian Political Change, Its Causes and Repercussions , Huntington NY: Nova Science Publishing, 2002, ISBN 978-1-59033-173-6
- 2004: The FPÖ - a phenomenon in international comparison. Success and failure of right-wing populism . In: Austrian Journal for Political Science 3/2004: 247–261.
- 2016: Young, Muslim, Austrian. Insights into 20 years of Muslim youth in Austria , together with Farid Hafez , Raoul Kneucker and Regina Polak, New Academic Press, Vienna 2016, ISBN 978-3-9503510-6-4
- 2016: Understanding Populist Party Organization: The Radical Right in Western Europe , together with Oscar Mazzoleni, Palgrave Macmillan UK, London 2016, ISBN 978-1-137-58197-6
- 2017: Handbook on Political Populism (International Studies on Populism) , together with Christina Holtz-Bacha and Oscar Mazzoleni, Nomos-Verlag 2017, ISBN 978-3-8487-2534-2
- DerStandard.at: Heinisch takes over Salzburg's political science . Article dated October 16, 2009, accessed February 21, 2017.
- "In Austria every idea is politicized" . Article dated July 17, 2012, accessed February 21, 2017.
- Grammar school Villach - Peraustraße: students and teachers as scientists. Retrieved November 19, 2018 .
- Curriculum Vitae: Reinhard C. Heinisch . Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- orf.at: A breath of fresh air for political science . Article dated October 26, 2009, accessed February 21, 2017.
- University of Salzburg: Heinisch Reinhard C. . Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- ÖGPW board members 1970 - 2017 . Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- derStandard.at: A European who explains the USA . Article dated November 12, 2004, accessed February 21, 2017.
- Salzburger Nachrichten: Professor Heinisch flew out of the Fulbright Commission . Article from January 26, 2018, accessed on January 26, 2018.
- The parliamentaryfrom November 6 to 12, 2017: Awarding of the Lupac Science Prize . OTS notification dated November 3, 2017, accessed November 3, 2017.
|SURNAME||Heinisch, Reinhard C.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian political scientist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 23, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Klagenfurt|