Reinhold Scholl studied history, German, Greek, Egyptology and papyrology at the University of Trier . Scholl passed the state examination in 1979 and received his doctorate in 1982 on the subject of slavery in the Zenon Papyri . His habilitation took place in Trier in 1992. Since 1993 he has been Professor of Ancient History at the University of Leipzig . Since 1997 Scholl has been head of the papyrus and ostraca collection at the Leipzig University Library , for which he was previously responsible.
- The Ebers papyrus. The largest book scroll on the medicine of ancient Egypt. University Library, Leipzig 2002, ISBN 3-910108-93-8 .
- Historical contributions to the Julian speeches of Libanios. Steiner, Stuttgart 1994, ISBN 3-515-06537-7 .
- Slavery in the Zenon Papyri. An investigation into the slave terms, slave acquisition and slave flight. Trier Historical Research Publishing House, Trier 1983, ISBN 3-923087-03-9 .
- Buried - lost - found - explored. Papyrus treasures in Leipzig. Universitätsverlag, Leipzig 2010, ISBN 978-3-86583-483-6 (catalog for the exhibition of the same name at the Leipzig University Library from June 18 to September 26, 2010; writings from the Leipzig University Library. Volume 20).
- Literature by and about Reinhold Scholl in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page at the University of Leipzig
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German ancient historian and papyrologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 10, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hasborn-Dautweiler|