Cichorius attended the Neue Nikolaischule Leipzig . After graduating from high school, he studied from 1882 to 1887 at the Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg , the University of Leipzig and the Friedrich Wilhelms University of Berlin , there with Theodor Mommsen , among others . From 1883 he was a member of the Corps Suevia Freiburg . In 1887 he received his doctorate in Leipzig with a thesis on the Roman consular fasts. In 1888 he completed his habilitation at the University of Leipzig with a thesis on Rome and Mytilene and became a private lecturer , and in 1895 an associate professor . In 1900 Cichorius was appointed full professor at the Silesian Friedrich Wilhelms University in Breslau. In 1916 he moved to the University of Bonn , where he was rector in the 1923/24 academic year. Cichorius was the first German historian to publish the reliefs of the Trajan column . Walter Otto , Helmut Berve and Vasile Pârvan were among his students in Breslau .
- Rome and Mytilene . Teubner, Leipzig 1888 ( online ).
- The reliefs of the Trajan Column . Berlin 1896 ( online ).
- The reliefs of the Adamklissi monument . Leipzig 1897.
- Investigations on Lucilius . Berlin 1908 ( online ).
- Roman studies. Historical, epigraphic, literary history from four centuries of Rome . Leipzig / Berlin 1922 ( online ).
- Horst Braunert : Conrad Cichorius . In: Bonn scholars. Contributions to the history of science in Bonn . Volume 5: History . Bouvier, Bonn 1968, pp. 340-350 ( 150 years of the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität zu Bonn 1818-1968. Volumes 2, 5).
- Who is it 8th edition. Degener, Leipzig 1922.
- Kürschner's German Scholar's Calendar . 4th edition. de Gruyter, Berlin 1931.
- Literature by and about Conrad Cichorius in the catalog of the German National Library
- Conrad Cichorius in the professorial catalog of the University of Leipzig
- Overview of Conrad Cichorius's courses at the University of Leipzig (winter semester 1888 to winter semester 1900)
- Kösener Corpslisten 1930, 36/392
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Cichorius, Conrad Antonius|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German ancient historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 25, 1863|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leipzig|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 20, 1932|
|Place of death||Bonn|