Roland Brauweiler was a son of the secret building councilor in the Trier government, Roland Brauweiler and his wife Clara Brauweiler, geb. Russia. After attending grammar school in Trier, he began studying law in Bonn, Berlin and Munich. In Geneva he took seminars on economics. After completing his studies, he obtained a doctorate to Dr. jur. In 1901 he worked as a trainee lawyer at the court in Trier. From 1904 he worked as a government trainee in Trier and Potsdam.
From 1907 he took over duties as a government assessor in Heydekrug in East Prussia and then in Opole . He took part in the First World War from 1914 to 1917. From 1917 to 1921 he worked as a district administrator in Lublinitz . From 1921 he was appointed regional president of the administrative district of Opole. He held the same position from September 14, 1923 in the West Prussian administrative district in Marienwerder until 1925.
In 1925, he left government service and was a senior at 1 April 1926 Managing Director of the Association of German Employers' Associations (VGDA) by the year 1933. After June 19, 1933, the VGDA and the National Federation of German Industry (RDI) for Empire state of the German Industry (RStDI) merged, he was a member of the Presidential Board of the RStDI, namely in the social policy department. He was also a member of the Provisional Reich Economic Council , the German Men's Club (DHK) and the right-wing conservative June Club . He was also a member of the Working Committee of German Associations (AADV).
In the years at the beginning of the economic crisis from 1929 onwards, Brauweiler interfered heavily in German domestic and social policy on behalf of the VgDA. In 1929 he published the reform proposals of the Association of German Employers' Associations on the Law on Job Placement and Unemployment Insurance, and in 1930 he published The Reform of Social Insurance - A Question of Fate for the German People . On November 6, 1929, he held a day before the Prussian Judges' Association , where he presented an ultimate catalog of demands.
He had been married to Erika Jänisch, the daughter of the Sanitary Council Jänisch - owner of the Wölfelsgrund sanatorium in Silesia - and his wife Elfriede Reimann - since June 14, 1919. Most recently he lived in Berlin-Dahlem on Hardensleberstrasse. 18th
- Entrepreneurs and Social Policy. In: European Review, 1925
- Tasks and program of the VDA. In: The General Assembly, VDA publications, Issue 18, Berlin 1929, p. 54
- Employers' associations. In: Concise International Trade Union Dictionary, 1930
- Herrmann AL Degener : Who is it? , Berlin 1935
- Dieter Fricke (Ed.): Lexicon on the history of parties 1789–1945 , Leipzig 1986
- Cuno Horkenbach: The German Reich from 1918 to today , Berlin 1931
- Hans-Adolf Jacobsen : National Socialist Foreign Policy 1933–1938 , 1968
- Ilse Maurer: Imperial Finances and Grand Coalition. On the history of the Reich Cabinet Müller (1928–1930) , in: Modern History and Politics No. 1, Bern, Frankfurt / Main, 1973
- Eckart Reidegeld: State Social Policy in Germany , 2006, p. 305
- Karsten Steiger: Cooperation, confrontation, downfall: The Weimar tariff and arbitration system during the global economic crisis and its preconditions , Stuttgart 1998
- Helga Timm: German social policy and the break of the grand coalition in March 1930. In: Contributions to the history of parliamentarism and political parties, Issue 1, Düsseldorf 1952
- Georg Wenzel: German business leader . Life courses of German business personalities. A reference book on 13,000 business figures of our time. Hanseatic Publishing , Hamburg / Berlin / Leipzig 1929, .
- Michael Wolffsohn : Industry and Crafts in Conflict with State Economic Policy? , 1977
- Society for Social Reform: The Effect of Wage Increases on Purchasing Power and the Domestic Market , 1927
- Literature by and about Roland Brauweiler in the catalog of the German National Library
- Brauweiler as the regional president of the administrative district of Opole
- Brauweiler as regional president of the administrative district West Prussia
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Brauweiler, Roland Heinrich Wilhelm|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 27, 1879|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||trier|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 6, 1935|
|Place of death||Berlin-Dahlem|