Samy Molcho (born May 24, 1936 in Tel Aviv ) is an Israeli born pantomime with Austrian nationality . He has described body language as a means of communication in several books and also works as a director , especially for musicals .
Molcho has lived in Vienna since 1960 and was Professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts there and at the Max Reinhardt Seminar until 2004 . He became known worldwide as an author for his books on body language, which have been translated into twelve languages and describe the effect of gestures and facial expressions on interpersonal communication .
As a young artist , Molcho expanded pantomime for the first time to include purely psychological and dramatic elements. He was often on the road for Austria in cultural exchanges and has organized the “International Summer Academy for Pantomime and Body Language” in Vienna since 1980 with up to 200 participants from home and abroad.
Molcho has been on stage since he was 10 years old. He studied classical dance as well as its more modern forms and the technique of pantomime in Israel . After graduating from drama school he was a dancer at the Jerusalem City Theater from 1952 , four years later he became a soloist for modern dance in Tel Aviv . In 1960 he gave his first full-length pantomime evening, which also made him known internationally.
In his books, Molcho does not, like other authors, limit himself to dialogue or sales talks. B. also the walk or interesting things for married couples and the family . According to his research, 80 percent of our reactions and decisions are triggered by non-verbal communication . Samy Molcho therefore promotes a better understanding of body language and holistic communication.
Molcho has been giving lectures and seminars on this topic since 1980 - for managers , entrepreneurs , politicians and doctors , among others . He also advised the Austrian Chancellor Alfred Gusenbauer on his appearances for the 2006 National Council election in Austria . You could see Gusenbauer on election posters and in TV duels with rehearsed movements and targeted body language.
Samy Molcho has been married to Haya Molcho , a restaurateur, since 1978 ; he has four sons.
- Body language. With photographs by Thomas Klinger a . Hans Albrecht Lusznat. 1983, ISBN 3-442-17382-5 .
- Magic of silence. 1987, ISBN 3-570-00766-9 .
- Body language as dialogue. 1987, ISBN 3-570-02891-7 .
- Body language at work. 1988, ISBN 3-576-10630-8 .
- Partnership and body language. 1990, ISBN 3-570-00958-0 .
- Children's body language. 1992, ISBN 3-576-10043-1 .
- All about body language. With photographs by Thomas Klinger. 1995, ISBN 3-576-10496-8 .
- Body language. (Video) 1995.
- Children's body language. (Video) 1997.
- Celebrity body language. 2003, ISBN 3-442-39038-9 .
- Body language of success. 2005, ISBN 3-7205-2656-9 .
- ABC of body language. 2006, ISBN 3-7205-2841-3 .
- SAMY MOLCHO LIVE. (DVD) 2006.
- Body language to success 2.0. (DVD-ROM) 2007.
- ... and a drop of eternity - my eventful life. 2007, ISBN 978-3-85002-612-3 .
- The basics of children's body language. 2008, ISBN 978-3-7205-4059-9 .
- Body language to success 3.0. (DVD-ROM) 2009.
- Hug me but don't touch me - body language of relationships Of closeness and distance. 2009, ISBN 978-3-424-20001-0 .
- Samy Molcho - life's work. (DVD-ROM) 2013.
- 1987: Silver medal for services to the State of Vienna
- 1996: Austrian Cross of Honor for Science and Art, 1st class
- 2004: Great Silver Medal of Honor for Services to the Republic of Austria
- 2008: Gold Medal for Services to the State of Vienna
- “What we are, we are through our body. The body is the glove of the soul, its language the word of the heart. Every inner movement, feelings, emotions, desires are expressed through our body. "
- Literature by and about Samy Molcho in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Samy Molcho in the German Digital Library
- Audio recordings with Samy Molcho in the online collections of the Austrian Mediathek (interviews, radio reports, theater recordings )
- Herlinde Koelbl : Pantomime Samy Molcho: "I never swam against the current" Die Zeit , September 6, 2012
- Katrin Sachse: Body language: The greatest babbler of all time Focus , March 14, 2005
- Denise Snieguole Wachter: Haya Molcho and her Neni: The family is the key to success Stern , April 20, 2016
- List of all decorations awarded by the Federal President for services to the Republic of Austria from 1952 (PDF; 6.9 MB)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Israeli pantomime|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 24, 1936|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tel Aviv , Israel|