After completing her master's degree in comparative literature at the University of Sussex , Sarah Schnier worked as an editor for various publishers from 1992 to 1995 . She writes dialogues for the television series Marienhof and So ist das Leben! Die Wagenfelds and was responsible for the television station Sat.1 from 1996 to 2003 as editor for the series SK Kölsch , Die Neue - Eine Frau mit Kaliber and Kommissar Rex .
The feature film Barefoot up to the Neck , for which Schnier wrote the screenplay, was awarded the German Comedy Prize in 2010 and was nominated for the German Television Prize and the Adolf Grimme Prize .
- 1997: Körner und Köter (TV series)
- 2007: One more word and I'll marry you!
- 2008: Secret Kisses - In love with a sex symbol
- 2008: My student, his mother & me
- 2009: barefoot up to the neck
- 2011: suddenly fat!
- 2011: residual risk
- 2012: Among women
- 2014: my lover, his father and me!
- 2014: Mona has a baby
- 2014: Between the times
- 2014: to me or to you?
- 2015: My son Helen
- 2018: For my daughter
- 2019: Tatort: Life after death
Awards and nominations
- 2010: German Comedy Award - Best TV Comedy for Barefoot to the Neck
- 2010: Nomination for the German TV Prize - Best TV Film for Barefoot to the Neck
- 2010: Nomination of the Adolf Grimme Prize 2010 for barefoot up to the neck
- 2014: Nomination for the German Comedy Prize - Best TV Comedy for My Lover, his father and me
- 2018: Nomination Prix Europa for my daughter
- Sarah Schnier in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Sarah Schnier on the website of the German Television Award
- Sarah Schnier on the website of the Association of German Scriptwriters
- Sarah Schnier on the website of her agency
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German screenwriter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|