|Cyrillic ( Ukrainian )|
|Сергій Миронович Квіт|
|Transl. :||Serhij Myronovyč Kvit|
|Transcr. :||Serhiy Myronovych Kwit|
Serhij Myronowytsch Kwit (English transcription Serhiy Myronovych Kvit; born December 29, 1965 in Uzhhorod , Zakarpattia Oblast , Ukrainian SSR ) is a Ukrainian literary critic , social activist, scientist, journalist , master of fencing , university president and was from February 27, 2014 to April 14, 2016 Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Kwit was born in Uzhhorod in Transcarpathia in 1965 and graduated from high school in Lviv in 1982 . From 1983 to 1985 he completed his military service in a sports unit of the Soviet Army in the Carpathian Military District and then studied journalism until 1991 at the Taras Shevchenko National University in Kiev .
In 2001 he received his PhD in Philology from the Ukrainian Free University in Munich . Furthermore, Kwit has been a doctor of philosophy since 2000 and was professor of journalism and, in succession to Vyacheslav Brjuchowezkyj, from September 1, 2007 to November 17, 2014, President of the National University of Kiev-Mohyla Academy . In December 2011 he was listed at number 191 in the ranking of the most influential Ukrainians.
On February 27, 2014, initially as a non-party , he succeeded Dmytro Tabachnyk , Minister of Education and Science in the first Yatsenjuk cabinet . As a member of the Bloc Petro Poroshenko party , he was elected a member of the Verkhovna Rada in the 2014 parliamentary elections in Ukraine . On December 2, 2014, he was confirmed in his ministerial office, now in Yatsenyuk's Second Cabinet . With the end of Yatsenyuk's second cabinet on April 14, 2016, his term as Minister of Education also ended.
Kwit is married and has one daughter. Serhiy Kwit is a friend of Dmytro Yarosh , a functionary of the Right Sector , he from his time in the paramilitary and nationalist association Trysub ( Тризуб knows).
- Mass communications of an independent Ukraine, in the context of normative theories and as an evidence of modernization theory , Serhij Kwit, Institute for Broadcasting Economics at the University of Cologne ISBN 978-3-938933-79-4
- Serhij Kwit on the official website of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine ( memento of March 8, 2014 in the web archive archive.today ), accessed on January 28, 2015
- Biography Serhij Kwit on Who is Who.com.ua , accessed on January 28, 2015
- What the Ukrainian protests mean - Serhiy Kvit in "University World News No. 302" from January 8, 2014 , accessed on January 28, 2015
- Serhij Kwit on Focus.ua of December 18, 2011 , accessed on January 28, 2015
- Serhiy Kwit on the web portal of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine , accessed on January 28, 2015
- Serhij Kwit on Who is Who ( Memento from January 30, 2015 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on January 28, 2015
- Interview with Dmytro Jarosch in the Ukrainian Pravda of February 4, 2014 , accessed on January 28, 2015
- http://kvit.ukma.kiev.ua/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Mass-Communications-of-an-Independent-Ukraine-in-the-Context-of-Normative-Theories-and-as -an-Evidence-of-Modernization-Theory_2010.pdf
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Kwit, Serhij Myronowytsch (full name); Квіт, Сергій Миронович (Ukrainian)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Ukrainian university professor and Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 29, 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Uzhhorod|