Société Marocaine de Construction Automobile
|Société Marocaine de Construction Automobile SA
الجمعية المغربية لبناء سيارات
|legal form||Société Anonyme|
|Seat||Aïn Sebaâ , Casablanca , Kingdom of Morocco|
SOMACA was founded on June 26, 1959. The Moroccan Bureau d'études et de participations industrielles (40%), Simca (20%), Fiat (20%) and domestic private investors were involved. State participation is also estimated at 38% or 46%.
In February 1969, assembly of the Austin Mini began on behalf of the BLMC . In the same year an agreement was reached with Opel. In addition to the Fiat models 124 , 125 , 128 and 131 , the Renault 30 (from 1975) and the Renault 25 (from 1985) were also produced.
From 2003 Renault increased its stake in SOMACA to 79%. Until then, Renault had held an 8% stake. The remaining 20% belong to the PSA group . This participation is due to the takeover of Chrysler Europe .
Renault currently produces the Dacia Logan and the Sandero at SOMACA . A further capacity increase was agreed at the end of 2018.
In the first year, 2247 units were produced.
By 1997 SOMACA achieved the following production figures:
The total number of Fiat vehicles assembled up to 2003 (the end of Fiat's involvement) amounts to more than 200,000 units.
In various media, the manufacturer is also referred to as Societe Marocaine de Construction s Automobile s . However, the majority owner Renault uses the singular form.
- Histoire de Renault ( Memento from June 7, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) on renault.ma
- La SOMACA et l'usine Berliet-Maroc lancent l'industrie automobile , in Le Monde diplomatique , June 1962, p. 15.
- Jorge Carrillo Viveros, Yanick Lung, Rob Van Tulder, Cars, Carriers of regionalism? Madrid 2004, p. 278.
- El Mehdi Berrada: Que se passe-t-il à Somaca? , in: Tel Quel of July 10, 2014.
- Renault 4: le best seller marocain de la Somaca! , in: Boîtier Rouge of November 17, 2014.
- Ministère de l'information, Maroc synthèse , 1969, p. 25.
- Quarterly Economic Review: Algeria, Morocco , 1968, p. 25.
- Mohamed Azmani: Somaca: Production record en 2010 , in: L'économiste of March 18, 2011.
- Jalil Bennani: Somaca: Renault rachète la part des petits actionnaires , in: Aujourd'hui le Maroc of February 6, 2006.
- Oliver Heneric, Georg Licht, Wolfgang Sofka (eds.), Europe's Automotive Industry on the Move: Competitiveness in a Changing World , Luxemburg 2006, p. 38.
- Usine Renault de Casablanca ( Memento of the original from June 8, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. on renault.ma
- Mariem Tabih: Le Matin - Nouvel accord Renault Somaca: 160,000 véhicules à produire dès 2022. In: lematin.ma. December 24, 2018, accessed January 23, 2019 (French).
- Ghassan Khaber: Somaca: Bye bye Taylor , in: L'économiste 331 of 21 May 1998th
- The Fiat Uno was produced until 2003.
- For example, in Consolidated financial statements 2014 of the Renault Group.