|legal form||Société Anonyme|
|Seat||Rueil-Malmaison , France|
|Number of employees||182,157 (2015)|
|sales||74 billion euros (2019)|
The Groupe PSA (short for Peugeot Société Anonyme ) is a French automobile manufacturer to which the brands Citroen , DS , Opel , Peugeot and Vauxhall belong. As in 2007 to 2010, PSA has been the second largest car manufacturer in Europe in terms of sales figures and after Volkswagen since August 2017 . On 15 July 2020 it was announced that the company name after the completion of the merger of Groupe PSA and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles parking Antis should read. The merger is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2021.
In addition to Citroën, DS Automobiles , Opel, Peugeot and Vauxhall, other companies belong to the PSA group:
- Faurecia , a supplier of seats, cockpits, exhaust systems and other components,
- Banque PSA Finance , financial services provider with branches Peugeot Bank and Citroën Bank
- PSA Powertrain , sales company for engines,
- Mister Auto , an online auto parts store (not just PPE brands),
- Spoticar , used car brand
PSA has also been operating the European financing business GM Financial since 2017 through a joint venture with the banking institute BNP Paribas .
|PSA automotive brands timeline since 1889|
|Group||PSA Peugeot Citroën||Groupe PSA|
|Talbot / Talbot||Talbot||HOURS||Talbot-Lago|
Production and sales figures
|PPE worldwide sales 2016
In the years 2007 to 2010, the PSA Group was Europe's second largest automobile manufacturer with 3.233 million (2007) and 3.602 million (2010) vehicles produced - after Volkswagen AG . A total of 3.6 million vehicles were sold in 2010, 400,000 more than in the previous year and more than ever before. The global market share of PSA was 5% in 2009, in Western Europe 14.3% in 2010 after 13.8% in the previous year. In 2012, a record loss of 4.9 billion euros was recorded, which is largely due to depreciation of 4.12 billion euros; at the same time, the number of vehicles sold fell to 2.964 million units. In 2013, only 2.8187 million vehicles were sold, but the loss was reduced to 2.218 billion euros. In 2014, production rose to 2.939 million vehicles and the loss continued to fall to 555 million euros with annual sales of 53.607 billion euros. In 2015 and 2016, 2.973 and 3.146 million vehicles were sold (5.8% growth) and a consolidated profit of 1.202 and 2.149 billion euros was achieved with sales of 54.676 and 54.03 billion euros.
After the takeover of Citroën by Peugeot, the PSA Peugeot Citroën holding was founded in 1976 . In 1978, PSA took over Chrysler's European plants , which operated under the Simca and Chrysler-Simca brands , and continued the models under the Talbot and Talbot-Simca names until 1986 . In 1985, the PSA Group was back in the black for the first time since 1980.
In 1978, a cooperation ( Sevel Süd ) was concluded with the Fiat Group for the development and production of light commercial vehicles , which since 1982 produced the Fiat Ducato , Citroën Jumper (until 1994 Citroën C25 ), Peugeot Boxer (until 1994 Peugeot J5 ). In the first series there were also the Alfa Romeo AR6 , Fiat Talento and Talbot Express models . In 1988 Sevel Nord was founded. The Vans Peugeot 806 and Peugeot 807 , Citroën Evasion and Citroën C8 , Fiat Ulysse , Lancia Zeta and Lancia Phedra were produced between 1994 and 2014 . In addition, the Peugeot Expert , Citroën Jumpy and Fiat Scudo commercial vehicles will be on the same platform until 2016 . In 2012, Toyota became a new cooperation partner at Sevel Nord instead of Fiat. From 2013 there was therefore the Toyota Proace as an additional model . Jumpy, Expert and Proace have been on the market since 2016 in the new generation. They were developed jointly between PSA and Toyota, as were the Vans Citroën Spacetourer , Peugeot Traveler and Toyota Proace Verso .
A V6 engine developed together with Renault was presented to the engine market in 1996 , which replaced the V6 PRV engine (Peugeot, Renault, Volvo) that had been built since 1974 . In 1999, an agreement was signed with Ford to jointly develop diesel engines , which were launched in 2001. In the same year, a cooperation agreement was signed with Toyota for the joint production of a small car in Kolín , Czech Republic . This was introduced in 2005 as the Peugeot 107 , Citroën C1 and Toyota Aygo ; they are almost identical . The TPCA joint venture was founded for this purpose. The Toyota recall of the Aygo due to jammed gas pedals in early 2010 therefore also affected the other two small cars.
There is currently a cooperation with BMW to develop a new generation of combustion engines for the large Peugeot vehicles. The jointly developed drive , known internally as the Prince motor , is manufactured by PSA and installed in the BMW Mini, the Peugeot 308 and the RCZ, among others . This modern engine uses the Valvetronic from BMW for valve control . This means that theoretically this engine could do without a throttle valve .
PSA and Mitsubishi Motors cooperate as follows: the almost identical SUVs Citroën C-Crosser , Mitsubishi Outlander and Peugeot 4007 were manufactured by Mitsubishi; the gasoline engines came from Mitsubishi, the diesel engines from PSA. The Mitsubishi ASX is also the basis for the similarly built Peugeot 4008 and Citroën C4 Aircross . In addition, the two small electric cars from PSA Peugeot iOn and Citroën C-Zero are based on the Mitsubishi Electric Vehicle, which is identical with a few changes and previously sold under the name Mitsubishi i-MiEV .
In 2012 the PSA Group entered into a cooperation with General Motors . In the course of this, GM took a 7% stake in the PSA group. The aim of the cooperation is to jointly purchase and develop platform automobiles with GM Europe ( Opel / Vauxhall Motors ). The first models are to belong to the upper middle class ( Opel Insignia ); A luxury class model originally developed for Saab Automobile and small cars are also to be built together. Also in 2012, PSA entered into a cooperation with Toyota . They agreed to jointly develop future commercial vehicles. PSA will supply a sister model of the Peugeot Expert / Citroën Jumpy to Toyota as Toyota Proace from the 2nd quarter of 2013 .
On October 24, 2012, it was announced that the French government would guarantee bonds from PSA-Bank amounting to EUR 7 billion. This avoided bankruptcy. In return, two additional posts were created on the supervisory board, one being filled by an employee representative and one by an “independent in close consultation with the state”. The group thus actually comes under state supervision. This independent is the former head of EADS , Louis Gallois .
|Shareholder structure as of December 31, 2015|
|Shareholders||Capital shares||Voting rights|
|Dongfeng Motor Corporation||13.7%||12.3%|
The 75 percent stake in the profitable logistics subsidiary GEFCO was sold to the state-owned Russian railway company RŽD at the end of 2012 for around EUR 800 million and a special dividend of EUR 100 million .
On December 12, 2013 General Motors announced that they would get out of Peugeot and sell the entire share of 7%. The strategic alliance concluded between the two companies in 2012 will remain in place. At the same time it became known that Peugeot is seeking a capital increase, in the course of which the Chinese Dongfeng Motor Corporation and the French state will acquire a stake in Peugeot.
On February 19, 2014, PSA's supervisory board decided that the capital should be increased by three billion euros. With the consent of the shareholders, the French state and Dongfeng will each invest 800 million, for which they will each receive a 14% stake in the company. The other 1.4 billion are to be raised by selling more shares. This means that the Peugeot family's share of the vote will fall from 38 to 14%.
In February 2017, the media reported on negotiations to take over the German car brand Opel . On March 6, 2017, General Motors, PSA and Opel announced at a press conference that PSA will buy Opel and Vauxhall Motors for 1.3 billion euros , provided the antitrust authorities agree. PSA is also taking over the European financing business GM Financial in a joint venture with BNP Paribas at a price of 900 million euros . According to the agreements, the Opel-specific collective agreements are to apply until the end of 2018. The sale was completed on August 1, 2017.
On October 31, 2019, PSA and the Italian-American group Fiat Chrysler Automobiles announced their intention to merge into the Stellantis group . On December 12, 2019, the Supervisory Board gave the green light for the merger.
|country||Location||Number of employees||Number of vehicles produced||Models|
|France||Mulhouse||7,600 (2015)||213,000 (2015)||Peugeot 2008; Citroën C4; DS 4 (2015)|
|Poissy||4,700 (2016)||234,539 (2016)||Peugeot 208, 208 GT Line & 208 GTi; DS 3 & DS 3 convertible (2016)|
|Rennes||4,000 (2016)||60,000 (2016)||Peugeot 508 Lim. & SW; Citroën C5 Lim. & Tourer (2016)|
|Sochaux||10,500 (2016)||347,000 (2016)||Peugeot 308 Lim. & SW, 3008; DS 5; Opel Grandland X (2016)|
|Germany||Ruesselsheim||4,060 (2016)||138,694 (2016)||Opel Insignia, Zafira; Vauxhall Insignia, Zafira; Holden Insignia; Buick Regal|
|Kaiserslautern||2,500 (2019)||-||Vehicle components and engines|
|Eisenach||1,850 (2016)||119,690 (2016)||Opel Corsa, Adam; Vauxhall Corsa, Adam|
|United Kingdom||Ellesmere Port||1,830 (2016)||118,113 (2016)||Opel astra; Vauxhall Astra|
|Luton||1,530 (2016)||73,622 (2016)||Opel Vivaro, Zafira Life; Vauxhall Vivaro (2019)|
|Spain||Madrid||1,673 (2016)||215,000 (2016)||Citroën C4 Cactus (2016)|
|Vigo||6,000 (2015)||407,100 (2015)||Citroën C4 Picasso, Grand C4 Picasso, Berlingo, C-Élysée; Peugeot Partner, 301 (2015)|
|Figueruelas||5,080 (2016)||361411 (2016)||Opel Corsa, Mokka X, Crossland X; Vauxhall Corsa, Mokka X, Crossland X, Citroën C3 Aircross|
|Portugal||Mangualde||700 (2016)||49,700 (2016)||Citroën Berlingo; Peugeot Partner / Rifter; Opel Combo (2019)|
|Slovakia||Trnava||3,500 (2015)||303,000 (2015)||Peugeot 208; Citroën C3 Picasso (2015)|
|Poland||Gliwice||3,270 (2016)||201,234 (2016)||Opel Astra, GTC, Cascada; Vauxhall Astra, GTC, Cascada; Holden Astra, Cascada; Buick Cascada|
|Argentina||Buenos Aires||4,730 (2009)||85,445 (2009)||Peugeot 308, 408, Partner / Rifter; Citroën C4, Berlingo; Opel Combo|
|Brazil||Porto Real ( Rio de Janeiro )||2,900||150,000||Peugeot 208, 2008; Citroën C3, C3 Aircross (2016)|
Cooperations, joint ventures or license production
|Manufacturer||Location||Number of employees||Models (also former)|
|SEVEL-North||Valenciennes (France)||2700||Peugeot 807, Expert; Citroën C8, Jumpy (Dispatch); Fiat Ulysse, Scudo; Lancia Phedra Zeta; Toyota Proace, Proace Verso; Citroën Space Tourer; Peugeot Traveler|
|SEVEL-South||Atessa ( Italy )||5900||Peugeot Boxer; Citroën Jumper; Fiat Ducato; Alfa Romeo AR 6; Talbot Express|
|Tofaş||Bursa ( Turkey )||835||Fiat Fiorino; Peugeot Bipper; Citroën Nemo; Opel Combo; Vauxhall combo|
|Toyota Peugeot Citroën Automobile (TPCA)||Kolín ( Czech Republic )||3500||Peugeot 108; Citroën C1; Toyota Aygo|
|Dongfeng Peugeot Citroën Automobile (DPCA)||Wuhan ( China )||6000||Citroën C-Elysée, C-Triomphe, C4; Peugeot 207, 307, 408|
|Mitsubishi Motors||Kurashiki ( Japan )||4620||Mitsubishi Outlander, Citroen C-Crosser, Peugeot 4007|
|Peugeot Citroën Mitsubishi Automotiv Rus (PCMA Rus)||Kaluga ( Russia )||3000||Mitsubishi ASX, Outlander; Citroen C4 Aircross, C-Crosser, Peugeot 4008, 4007|
|Iran Khodro||Tehran ( Iran )||Peugeot 405, 206|
The construction of an assembly plant for up to 5000 vehicles of the models Peugeot 3008 and Opel Grandland X is planned in Namibia (as of March 2018).
- PSA Registration Document 2015 .
- PSA Peugeot Citroën - 2019 sales. Accessed July 20, 2020 .
- SPIEGEL ONLINE, Hamburg Germany: Opel is now part of the PSA Group. Retrieved August 1, 2017 .
- Brands of Groupe PSA ( Memento of the original from July 2, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Autobild.de: Opel takeover by PSA perfect. News from August 1, 2017.
- heise Autos: PSA and FCA merge to form Stellantis. Retrieved July 16, 2020 .
- N-TV: DS emancipates itself from Citroën.
- auto.de: French chic: Citroën makes DS a brand.
- Sale sealed Peugeot pays 1.3 billion euros for Opel , spiegel.de of March 6, 2017 , accessed on March 6, 2017.
- Focus2Move: PSA Peugeot Citroen Global Performance.
- Peugeot-Citroën achieves record sales. In: FAZ from January 7, 2011.
- PSA Group: Results and Key Figures. ( Memento of the original from April 22, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Press release - Full Year 2012 Financial Results (PDF; 329 kB) PSA Peugeot Citroen. February 13, 2013. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved on November 24, 2013.
- PSA Peugeot Citroen incurs a record loss in 2012. ( Memento of the original from February 15, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Report at Automobil-Produktion.de on February 13, 2013.
- # 93; = 25838 Registration Document (Annual financial report) 2013 (PDF; 3.3 MB). ( Memento of the original from July 28, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. PSA Peugeot Citroen, February 19, 2014.
- # 93; = 32928 PSA Peugeot Citroën 2014 Registration Document. ( Memento of the original from February 6, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 3.2 MB), accessed on February 6, 2016.
- PSA 2016 Annual Financial Report .
- PSA Peugeot Citroen recalls 97,000 cars. Announcement in Börsennews.de from February 1, 2010.
- General Motors will participate in Peugeot. ( Memento of the original from March 2, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Report to automobile production dated February 28, 2012.
- Common platforms from Opel and PSA. ( Memento of the original from April 30, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Report to automobile production dated March 2, 2012.
- Toyota and PSA strive for cooperation. ( Memento of the original from September 27, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Report at Automobil-produktion.de from July 23, 2012.
- derwesten.de from February 20, 2014: Only the third wheel on the car.
- Thomas Hanke: Peugeot-Citroën comes under state influence. Handelsblatt.com of October 24, 2012.
- PSA Peugeot Citroën: Ownership structure. ( Memento of the original from October 1, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- Logistics subsidiary Gefco: Peugeot sells earnings pearl to Russian railways. ( Memento of May 8, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Report in Financial Times Germany of November 5, 2012.
- FAZ December 12, 2013: GM sells its shares - Peugeot-Citroën is working on the Chinese axis.
- Article from the FAZ on the possible takeover of Opel
- Billion: Opel takeover by PSA perfect. MDR Thuringia, August 1, 2017, archived from the original on August 2, 2017 ; accessed on July 1, 2019 .
- Key figures of the Mulhouse plant, on http://www.mulhouse.psa.fr/ ( Memento of the original of July 8, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Key figures for the Poissy plant, at https://site.groupe-psa.com/poissy
- Key figures for the Rennes plant, at https://site.groupe-psa.com/rennes
- Key figures for the Sochaux plant, at https://site.groupe-psa.com/sochaux
- Year in Review 2016 - Facts and Figures
- Opel Pressroom - Germany - Company . In: media.opel.de . ( Online [accessed November 10, 2017]).
- SWR Aktuell, SWR Aktuell: Future plan for the Opel plant in Kaiserslautern. Retrieved April 3, 2020 .
- Battery cell factory: Opel builds Giga-Factory in the Palatinate - the expert is skeptical. Retrieved April 3, 2020 .
- Key figures for the Madrid plant, at https://site.groupe-psa.com/madrid
- Key figures of the plant in Vigo, on http://www.vigo.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/ ( Memento of the original from July 29, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Key figures for the Mangualde plant, at https://site.groupe-psa.com/mangualde
- Key figures of the plant in Buenos Aires (archive)
- Production of the plant in Buenos Aires, on https://site.groupe-psa.com/argentina/
- Production of the plant in Porto Real, on https://site.groupe-psa.com/brasil
- Last Citroen rolled off the line in the PSA plant. handelsblatt.com, October 25, 2013, accessed February 15, 2014
- Inauguration of the Kaluga plant (PDF; 94 kB)
- PSA to assemble Opel and Peugeot vehicles in Namibia in 2018. Reuters, March 12, 2018.