|legal form||Societas Europaea|
|Seat||Bezons , France|
|Number of employees||110,000 (July 2019)|
|sales||12.3 billion euros (2018)|
The Atos (formerly Atos Origin ) is a listed French IT service provider headquartered in Bezons , near Paris. The company has around 110,000 employees worldwide and an annual turnover of around 12 billion euros. The company's business areas include payment transactions, consulting and technology services, system integration and outsourcing services. Atos operates worldwide under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Atos Consulting, Atos Healthcare, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy and Unify .
Atos was created in 1997 from the merger of various French IT service providers (Axime, Sligos and parts of GSI). In 2000 Atos merged with the Dutch company Origin and gave itself the new name Atos Origin . The company grew steadily, on the one hand through acquisitions, on the other hand through outsourcing agreements with personnel and technology transfers. In 2002, Atos Consulting emerged from the takeover of KPMG's consulting business in Great Britain and the Netherlands. The group thus secured a strong foothold in the consulting segment of the IT market. In 2004 the IT division of Karstadt was taken over ; at that time this had an annual turnover of around 1.2 billion euros.
In January 2004, Atos Origin acquired the Sema Group from Schlumberger, creating one of the largest European IT services companies. At the time of acquisition, Sema had 20,000 employees and an annual turnover of around 2.4 billion euros. In 2003 Atos Origin had 26,500 employees and an annual turnover of over 3 billion euros.
On December 14, 2010, Atos Origin announced the acquisition of the Siemens division Siemens IT Solutions and Services (SIS for short). The sale was completed on July 1, 2011 with the approval of Atos shareholders. Most recently, SIS had a turnover of 3.7 billion with around 31,000 employees worldwide. The transaction made Siemens the largest shareholder in Atos and holds around 15% of the shares. The purchase of SIS cost Atos Origin 850 million euros; 186 million euros of this was paid out in cash and the remaining part was transferred in the form of convertible bonds and shares. In 2015, the combined company employed around 100,000 people in 73 countries worldwide and achieved sales of around 12 billion euros. This made Atos the second largest IT service provider in Europe in 2015. After the takeover of the former IT division of Siemens, “Origin” was deleted from the company name and has been operating under the name Atos since July 1, 2011 .
The activities in the area of payment services bundled in the subsidiary Atos Worldline were listed on the stock exchange in 2014 under the name Worldline ; Initially, Atos held a majority of the capital, which was reduced to 19% in the course of acquisitions by the end of 2019.
Other major takeovers by Atos were the takeover of the cloud service provider Canopy, the Bull company and, in July 2015, the IT division of XEROX (Xerox ITO). In January 2016, Atos completed the acquisition of Unify , one of the largest companies in the field of integrated communications solutions, from the Gores Group and Siemens (formerly Siemens Enterprise Communications SEN). Atos has also signed a partnership with Orange Cyberdefense through its daughter Bull . In the same year Atos introduced a data analytics solution for the entire IT value chain under the name Atos Codex in April and the first industry program in Europe for the development of quantum computing solutions under the name Atos Quantum ; A few months later, Atos presented the world's first commercially available machine system under the name "Atos Quantum Learning Machine", which can simulate up to 40 quantum bits (qubits).
In 2017 Atos completed the acquisition of Siemens Convergence Creators (CVC) and zData , a leading provider of big data consulting and solutions for companies and corporations. from. In February 2018, the European Space Agency selected Atos to enable new services based on satellite data. Shortly afterwards, Atos announced its global partnership with Google Cloud . Atos acquired Syntel in October 2018. In August 2019, Atos announced the signing of a five-year, $ 198 million contract with the State of California to transform the state's emergency calling system into modern broadband communications platforms. In September Atos inaugurated its first artificial intelligence (AI) laboratory in Germany. In this innovation space, Atos develops solutions for its customers based on artificial intelligence and other leading technologies.
Due to his nomination for the office of EU Commissioner for the Internal Market , Thierry Breton resigned from his positions as Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO of Atos at the end of October 2019 . Bertrand Meunier will subsequently take on the role of non-executive chairman of the Supervisory Board , while Elie Girard was appointed as the new CEO in November 2019.
Atos is represented in 73 countries worldwide. The company's headquarters are in Bezons .
In Germany, in addition to the headquarters in Munich, there are other locations, for example in Berlin, Essen, Frankfurt am Main, Fürth, Düsseldorf, Ingolstadt, Hamburg, Cologne, Paderborn, Tübingen and Stuttgart.
The subsidiary Atos IT Solutions and Services Austria is active in Austria.
The company has been the official IT partner at the Olympic Games since 2001 and at the Paralympic Games since 2002 and acts as a sponsor for the events and athletes. Similar arrangements have been made for the Commonwealth Games since 2014, the Southeast Asian Games in 2015 , the European Championships in 2018 and for the Pan American Games in 2019 and 2023 .
In February 2019, Atos and Worldline announced the signing of the United Nations Charter to Protect the Rights of LGBT + People in Business and the LGBT + Charter of Commitments in the other circle - thereby pledging to support LGBT + people worldwide.
- Company profile . Atos SE. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- annual results . Atos SE. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- Atos: Germany - Atos. In: Homepage Atos Germany. Atos, July 9, 2018, accessed July 9, 2018 .
- Company History / Historique du Groupe. Atos, accessed February 26, 2012 (French).
- Rheinische Post November 6, 2012 (p. B3): Crash at Olympic service provider Atos
- tagesschau.de : "Siemens hands over SIS to Atos Origin" (from December 14, 2010)
- Jürgen Maurer: The story of Atos and SIS. computerwoche , January 10, 2012, accessed on February 16, 2012 .
- Atos completes the acquisition of Unify from Gores Group and Siemens. Atos SE, accessed on July 2, 2020 .
- Atos and Orange Cyberdefense form an international partnership for security in mobile communications. Atos SE, accessed on July 2, 2020 .
- Atos Codex. Atos SE, accessed on July 2, 2020 .
- Atos Codex. Atos SE, accessed July 2, 2020 .
- Atos launches “Atos Quantum”, the first quantum computing industry program in Europe. Atos SE, November 6, 2016, accessed on July 2, 2020 .
- Atos Quantum: Science Council defines milestones for the future of IT. Atos SE, accessed on July 2, 2020 .
- Atos Quantum Learning Machine. Atos SE, accessed on July 2, 2020 .
- Siemens Convergence Creators. Atos SE, accessed on July 2, 2020 .
- Atos acquires ZDATA. Atos SE, accessed on July 2, 2020 .
- Atos signs key contract with the European Space Agency to enable new services with satellite data. Atos SE, accessed on July 2, 2020 .
- Atos and Google Cloud. Atos SE, accessed on July 2, 2020 .
- Acquisition of the US-based Syntel . Atos SE. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- L'État de Californie choisit Atos Public Safety LLC pour la transformation de ses systèmes d'appel d'urgence de nouvelle génération. Atos SE, accessed July 2, 2020 .
- Atos inaugure son premier laboratoire d'intelligence artificielle en Allemagne. Atos SE, accessed July 2, 2020 .
- Notice from the Atos Supervisory Board. In: Atos. Atos SE, October 24, 2019, accessed November 4, 2019 .
- Atos: Atos locations in Germany. In: Germany - Atos. Atos, July 9, 2018, accessed July 9, 2018 .
- Olympic Games. Atos SE, accessed November 4, 2019 .
- Paralympic Games. Atos SE, accessed November 4, 2019 .
- IOC extends sponsor deal with Atos to 2020. Reuters, February 8, 2014, accessed November 4, 2019 .
- Atos Origin Announces Sponsorship of Danny Crates - 800m Paralympic Champion ( Memento from October 23, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- Atos Origin supports high-jumper athlete Tia Hellebaut ( Memento from February 11, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- International IT company Atos become Official Supporter of Glasgow 2014. Glasgow 2014 Limited, accessed on November 4, 2019 .
- Atos completes first technical rehearsal with flying colors for the upcoming 28th South East Asian Games Singapore 2015. Atos, May 26, 2015, accessed on November 4, 2019 .
- £ 10m for companies involved in Glasgow 2018 European Championship. The Evening Times, December 5, 2016, accessed November 4, 2019 .
- Atos named Global Exclusive IT Partner of Panam Sports, Americas' Olympic Movement. Atos SE, November 21, 2018, accessed November 4, 2019 .
- Atos et Worldline s'engagent à soutenir les droits LGBT + au travail en signant deux chartes internationales. Atos SE, accessed July 2, 2020 .