St. Michael (Kochel am See)
The Roman Catholic parish church of St. Michael is in Kochel am See in the Upper Bavarian district of Bad Tölz-Wolfratshausen . The listed church belongs to the parish of Kochel am See to the deanery Benediktbeuern of the diocese of Augsburg . The address is Pfarrer-Hartmann-Weg 5 .
The report of the inauguration of a St. Michael's Church in Kochel comes from 1071; the core of today's church was built around 1521 in the late Gothic style. In the years 1670 to 1672 the tower top was baroque in an octagonal shape , from 1688 to 1690 the nave was also rebuilt in a baroque shape. Both measures were carried out under the master builder Caspar Feichtmayr . From 1723 until around 1780, the decoration of the with stucco by employees of Johann Baptist Zimmermann and paintings by Johann Hell.
Since the population of Kochel am See grew steadily from the end of the 19th century, an expansion of the church became necessary, which took place in 1930.
Description and equipment
The onion dome is attached to the north of the baroque hall church , the substructure of which still comes from the Romanesque church. The late Gothic choir has moved in a little. The outside of the church is kept in plain white.
The classicist pulpit from around 1780 comes from the parish church of Benediktbeuern, which was demolished in the course of secularization . The altars were rebuilt from 1767, today's side altars were added in 1930 and the altarpieces from 1863 were taken over. Also noteworthy are the baptismal font from 1710, a painting of the handkerchief of Veronica by Jacopo Amigoni (1725) and stained glass windows depicting the birth and resurrection of Jesus Christ .
The grave of the painter Franz Marc is located in the cemetery that surrounds the church .
- Coupling : II / I, I / P, II / P
- Playing aids : two free combinations , tutti , crescendo roller , individual tongue storage
There are five bells in the tower, two of which are from the Baroque era.
|No.||Surname||Caster||Casting location||Casting year||Chime|
|1||Bell foundry Hamm-Hofweber||regensburg||1949||f sharp 1|
|2||St. Michael||Bell foundry Hamm-Hofweber||regensburg||1949||g sharp 1|
|3||Bell foundry Hamm-Hofweber||regensburg||1949||h 1|
|4th||Ignaz Daller||Munich||1790||c sharp 2|
|5||Hll. Joseph and Ignatius||Ignaz Daller||Munich||1790||ice 2|
- Johannes Hamm: Parish church and chapels of the parish of St. Michael Kochel am See. 2004.
- List of monuments for Kochel am See (PDF) at the Bavarian State Office for Monument Preservation. P. 6, accessed on June 23, 2018.
- Parish of St. Michael - Kochel. In: bistum-augsburg.de. Retrieved June 23, 2018 .
- Michael Mannhardt: St. Michael in Kochel am See. In: br.de - Zwölfuhrluten . February 2, 2014, accessed June 23, 2018 .
- Fridolin Söhl: St. Michael Kochel am See. In: pfarrei-kochel.de. Retrieved June 23, 2018 .
- Kochel am See, St. Michael. In: organindex.de. Retrieved June 23, 2018 .
- Plenary parish church St. Michael Kochel a. See on YouTube